GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Just found out that AliExpress is a rip off, local printer will print full colour for around 20euros

I went with a local FedEx location to print it. I also printed it in two sheets $8 (regular paper) and taped it together cause they wanted like $80 (poster type paper) for the print on a single sheet.

As for the previous post about the errors, once you calibrate the camera, a lot of errors will go away but you still need to get the proper coding on the camera. I'm not sure if I posted my coding here but there are plenty of stock coding examples on the Ros Tech website. You also code other modules (example, 13, 17, 44, 4B) to acknowledged there is a camera installed.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Mini update:

As stated on MQB.PL acc and front assist don’t have to work with eachother so I Disabled front camera on module A5 and 13, that cleared all communication errors.

Did anyone got it working with standard factory ACC fitted?

@AWD4416 will check module 4b all the others where adjusted.

can you please enlighten me about coding the camera? Thought it was just calibrating....

Found the following thread which may have the solution when coded via app OBDELEVEN?:

https://www.drive2.com/b/467374356494811937/#comments

After correct coding (BYTE 16 BIT 7), the error U11230 was removed successfully, continue furthe
<-does the above adjustment seem correct?

Last edited:

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Mini update:

As stated on MQB.PL acc and front assist don’t have to work with eachother so I Disabled front camera on module A5 and 13, that cleared all communication errors.

Did anyone got it working with standard factory ACC fitted?

@AWD4416 will check module 4b all the others where adjusted.

can you please enlighten me about coding the camera? Thought it was just calibrating....

Found the following thread which may have the solution when coded via app OBDELEVEN?:

https://www.drive2.com/b/467374356494811937/#comments

<-does the above adjustment seem correct?

Check out my post a few pages back
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...thout-changing-windshield.358776/post-7509688

This is a decent enough starting point as the first few bytes along with the last few bytes kept giving me errors. If you use long coding on OBDeleven (module A5), you can narrow down your configuration using the binary button on the top right as there are a few descriptions that only show up there. Originaly my 2019 GTI had brake assist and was upgraded by Doctor to ACC. Once I installed and coded/calibrated the camera, I was able to get lane assist going. Traffic Jam Assist is also possible but you will need access to VCP or some one like Doctor that can configure it properly.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Check out my post a few pages back
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...thout-changing-windshield.358776/post-7509688

Traffic Jam Assist is also possible but you will need access to VCP or some one like Doctor that can configure it properly.

I think i did a good job coding the A5 module, its indeed easy peasy with OBD11 thanks for pointing out my options, really appreciated!

just calibration though, waiting for the calibration board and fixed the camera mirror cover
94F81637-7F75-4A21-9D45-A3CFF8BFC666.jpeg

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Finally got the balls too add the 12v ignited plus on the control module of lane assist

first try: 5 errors regarding the camera malfunctioning -> FFC was placed wrong 😑

second try: 3 errors see below:
Are these the ones that should remain when no calibration and adjustments of a5 module has been done?

View attachment 194088
From top to down:

1:?
2: camera needs calibration
3: could be that the module is still configured with old setting will update list of setting that has to be changed:

-lance change assist is enabled (don’t have)
-offcourse the cameraheather which is not there?
-the manufacturer selected is audi (dont have)
-light high beam selected is only light (need to select high beam and dynamic light assist
-headlights type selected is led ( i have xenon)
-trailer module selected is not installed (is installed)

These errors are fine, first one Is just cause you didnt code the rest of the modules or the current module, once all modules coding is correct you should only have basic setting error.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
After two weeks, the calibration board arrived this week... I think i got it calibrated as it doesn’t give me an error for basic calibration anymore, can imagine the car got tired after so many retries 😂😭🤣

but the thing that got it working is to switch the mode to eol and keep pressings and measuring until completed

just the dynamic calibration, cause at the moment the car leans/hugs the left side of the lane

Last edited:

Rapier

Car(s)
A3 8v polo
Thanks for the replies re the calibration board . Is there anyone on here who could help me calibrate as i only have vcds. Pm me a price please . Ps midlands areas uk

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the replies re the calibration board . Is there anyone on here who could help me calibrate as i only have vcds. Pm me a price please . Ps midlands areas uk
VW Retrofit recently got a fancy ADAS setup - worth getting in touch with him given you're in the midlands; he's in Redditch.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
FML 🤦 0.006 difference
Max offset=2.5
9523F36F-801C-4F6D-9C82-CDA8F91A4951.png

do i need to re-run static? As I didn’t backup and can’t clear error...

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Did you get a fault code? if not then the camera can compensate for that offset. Keep driving until the dynamic calibration is finished or you get a fault code.

yes, I did get a fault code, lane assist is disabled at the moment (acc is still running). I can recall @Reaper1, that yours failed too, did you need to rerun static?

Last edited:

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
Okay I have been working on getting TSR working on my 2016 GTI SE (no navi) it has the full DAP on it from the factory. I have been able to get it to display speed signs of the MFD, but it doesn't display any actual signs. I believe it is picking up signs indicating the highway/exits. It only shows signs on the highway as far as i know. There could be a few things that cause this issue, I don't have the ability to enable A5 - Byte 16 Bit 04, but it seems that is only necessary on some cars and there is some other threads that indicate A5 - Byte 01 Bit 00, which I did successfully, can be done if you can't do the coding. It seems If you are able to change A5 - Byte 01 Bit 00 and not A5 - Byte 16 Bit 04, then you need to change the value below.

I also was not able to change:

Control unit A5 (front / advance camera) - Adaptation - Select : channel numbers indicate end of speed limit - Importance to actively invest - Show Valid suffix View Channel Valid suffix - Corresponding value adjust default: 00100111

My car had 100111 on it and when i try to edit that number, it goes right back to 100111. This I believe may have an affect on what signs are shown.

Here is a source with the code for TSR
https://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/167/coding-adaptations
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-obdeleven-vcds-tweaks/

A source with the coding "A5 - Byte 16 Bit 04"
https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f235/traffic-sign-camera-122112.html

P.S. I am on my Comfort CANBUS - I haven't really found much on which one I am supposed to use, (comfort or extended) but my car had extended by default and it seemed to like the comfort CANBUS. I may try the Extended version to see what my results are.

Also the second change I have made, I don't see anywhere. In 5F I believe (it could be in A5), I found in the long coding I could select my region. It was something like VZE_RSR_Region default - no information -> West Europe, which seemed to work for me.

I have tried most of the logical CANBUS (including Comfort) with no avail but I only tried the Comfort CANBUS with the West Europe edit, I am wondering if I could be missing something, but I am bringing this up in hopes that this could fill in a few gaps and maybe solve this issue.