GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
I'll try, only this dealer out of the 7 I contacted was able to go sub 30K but I highly doubt I can get it OTD for $33K with SoCal taxes.

This is without any additional qualifying discounts since I am not a military/first responder or a recent college graduate.

Likewise , TTL should be around 2700-2800. If they are selling at 29,100 your OTD should be around $32k here in SoCal.

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Best price OTD price I've received is $26,294 for a 2020 S DSG
Sale price $24,679
Tax - $765.84
Doc fee - $699
Tag / title - $150

I was trying to hold out for a nice Sport or Rabbit, but I think I'm going to settle for a new S.

Actually closed the deal on this Dark Iron Blue S DSG yesterday. Final OTD price ended up at $26,303. It was $26,300, but they forgot some $3 MVWR fee, not worth making them spend a ton of time fixing the paperwork. Couldn't get them down any more than that, but they did throw in a set of monster mats that didn't originally come with the car. Dealer was Autonation VW Mall in Georgia.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Looks like I'm buying a 2019 Alltrack SEL DSG (22 miles on the odometer) Gray over brown.
MSRP was 37765. Before tax and tags (but after partner and military rebates and dealer fees) the negotiated price was $28000. Adding taxes and tags gets me to right around $29500.

Pretty good deal! When I got my AT in April, it was between the car I chose (SE DAP + Appearance Package, 6MT) and an SEL 6MT. My car was 25.5, and the SEL 6MT came to 27,750 negotiated price after discounts and before TTL. The SEL Marrakesh seats you’re getting are worth the price differential over an SE DAP/AP on their own, before you even toss the Fender and Auto Climate Control in. Does SEL also come with adaptive cruise?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Looks like I'm buying a 2019 Alltrack SEL DSG (22 miles on the odometer) Gray over brown.
MSRP was 37765. Before tax and tags (but after partner and military rebates and dealer fees) the negotiated price was $28000. Adding taxes and tags gets me to right around $29500.

Thats a great deal and congrats. So you bought this instead of the suv which you were contemplating earlier?

cb1111

Pretty good deal! When I got my AT in April, it was between the car I chose (SE DAP + Appearance Package, 6MT) and an SEL 6MT. My car was 25.5, and the SEL 6MT came to 27,750 negotiated price after discounts and before TTL. The SEL Marrakesh seats you’re getting are worth the price differential over an SE DAP/AP on their own, before you even toss the Fender and Auto Climate Control in. Does SEL also come with adaptive cruise?
Yes, the SEL has ACC, Park Pilot/Assist, Blind spot/Cross Traffic, adaptive LEDs. I'm going to have to do my own titling/tax in VA - a bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker - OTOH, there was no dealer processing fee.

cb1111

Thats a great deal and congrats. So you bought this instead of the suv which you were contemplating earlier?
Yep. COVID killed the job where I was going to need to go to various and sundry places far away every day and possibly at 3am, in a snowstorm, so an AWD will still give me the 24/7 mobility.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie

Hopefully no sunroof issues. We bought an S for our camping/fishing trips because I didn’t want deal with that. Would have liked the other options, but the sunroof issues were too much of a gamble.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Hopefully no sunroof issues. We bought an S for our camping/fishing trips because I didn’t want deal with that. Would have liked the other options, but the sunroof issues were too much of a gamble.

I took the gamble. Cars got 7K, it’s been at the dealer for a week now for a cracked sunroof frame lol

chamisool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evolution 8, GTI SE
I can finally say I joined the family. After debating between a used Golf R, used Autobahn/SE, and a CPO, I decided to go for a new SE instead.
2020 GTI SE
29K with 0% APR + TTL
OTD was 32K

Now on to reading about the tips/tricks about the car.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm in NC. I'm pretty sure tags and title are around $110 here too. Living in here finally pays off, lol
The government gets their money eventually.... we pay “property taxes” every year to register our vehicles. For example, it was $300 for me to register my 2017 S model until June of 2021 with the state of NC presuming a market value of 18k and change.

cb1111

The government gets their money eventually.... we pay “property taxes” every year to register our vehicles. For example, it was $300 for me to register my 2017 S model until June of 2021 with the state of NC presuming a market value of 18k and change.
Many (most?) people forget to factor in annual personal property taxes on cars since it isn't part of the normal registration process.

You can bet that if a state has low registration fees, then it makes it up in personal property tax - if a state has high registration fees, then they probably don't have a personal property tax.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
2018 Autobahn DSG, 3985 miles, one owner, 26990, came out to 29644 OTD. It was about 144 more than my "buy it" price, but I wasn't going to complain it being the cheapest low mileage AB in the country, and they dropped the asking price by $1,000 within the last 2 days anyway.

I don't think the dealer (Chevy/Hyundai) knew they had an Autobahn...it was listed as a "4-Door" on their website, and an S when they sent me a buy order.

Even with the 2.5 hour flight and 13 hour drive home, still about 1500 less than comparable Autobahns available on autotrader, but those all had more miles on them.

So happy to be back in the VW family after a 6 year hiatus, and in my first GTI.

Last edited:

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
Added another one to our stable tonight. This is the wife's car which sits beside my trusty 2017 Sport 6sp.

2020 SE DSG, red
$29,250 (includes $799 in options)
$31,410 OTD

I feel like I could have gotten down well into the 28k territory but my wife may have slipped up and shown her hand early in the negotiations. Whatevs. Happy with the car. Interestingly enough ours came with the homelink mirror option. Not something I requested or was expecting, but happy to have it even though it drove the price up $325.

wildtang86

Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S DSG
On Nov 11, 2020 I bought a dark iron blue 2020 GTI S with DSG for $26,295.00 out the door. I purchased the car in MD. I probably could have negotiated to $26,000 but I really didn't want to listen to their deception any longer. I feel dealerships' are one step away from organized crime.