GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
To my experience DHL is currently not the partner w/ the best shipping times to the US/Canada.
I use UPS or the shipping provider https://www.transglobalexpress.de/. They actually offer to ship economy w/ USPS from Frankfurt, Germany. Typical handling time 10-20 working days. Although even during Covid I‘ve seen 5 days from Germany to the West Coast.

garymathe81

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I ordered a week ago from Germany and it's already here in Denver. Has anyone had issues with customs? I'm supposed to fill out a form and check that the lights conform to federal safety standards. Should I be worried?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I ordered a week ago from Germany and it's already here in Denver. Has anyone had issues with customs? I'm supposed to fill out a form and check that the lights conform to federal safety standards. Should I be worried?
To my knowledge there aren't any aftermarket headlights that conform to federal safety standards. The Osrams are EU legal but that won't really help you. I don't recall filling out any specific forms about the lights. I just paid the customs duty that DHL said I owed so they would release them to me.

garymathe81

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
To my knowledge there aren't any aftermarket headlights that conform to federal safety standards. The Osrams are EU legal but that won't really help you. I don't recall filling out any specific forms about the lights. I just paid the customs duty that DHL said I owed so they would release them to me.

Mine is being delivered by FedEx. I ended up checking this option:
"The vehicle or equipment item conforms to all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
(or the vehicle does not conform solely because readily attachable equipment items that will be
attached to it before it is offered for sale to the first purchaser for purposes other than resale are not
attached), and Bumper and Theft Prevention Standards, and bears a certification label or tag to that
effect permanently affixed by the original manufacturer to the vehicle or affixed by the manufacturer
to the equipment item or to its delivery container in accordance with applicable National Highway
Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regulations [591.5(b)];"

That should take care of it hopefully. BTW I was impressed by the seller (myTuning24.de). They shipped within a day and it was here in 6 from near Munich. Right now they only have the GTI edition (red line) but they said they'll have the others in a few weeks. 900 euro via PayPal included everything.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's what I paid, same vendor. They shipped mine via DHL. Sent payment Sunday night (Monday morning for them) and they were at my local DHL on Thursday. Paid customs that evening and picked up on Friday.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
IF they're coming slow boat, they'll say frankfurt until they hit Customs. Mine took about a month on the boat until they hit customs, and then a few days after that to hit my door with DHL. I choose not to pay the extra 250 though to have them sent faster, as at that point I might as well have bought OEM lights and done a full retrofit rather than partial.

cblock406

Ready to race!
I emailed Osram and received this reply:

"Hello,

the headlight will be shipped to the USA via overseas freight. Since air traffic is currently still restricted and the most necessary aircraft are flying.

The ship needs about 4 weeks from Germany to the USA. In the worst case, the shipment can then hang for 1-2 weeks at customs and wait for processing.

From experience, the headlight is expected to arrive in the US this week and will probably be delivered to you in the next week.

To be on the safe side, we have already created an investigation with DHL.

Kind regards"

garymathe81

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Got mine yesterday (1 week) and installed today. They are amazing. By far the best option to upgrade from halogens. Nothing comes close in quality or looks, on or off. In fact I'm not sure if there are cooler headlights out there, period. No need to lift up the car, bumper removal is fairly easy and that's the hardest part. Somehow the red stripe on my grille lines up perfectly with the ones in the lights even though it's definitely a non-LP grille. I also installed Lamin-x tint (6%, just a bit darker than clear) on them for protection and even better looks.

cblock406

Ready to race!
Got mine yesterday (1 week) and installed today. They are amazing. By far the best option to upgrade from halogens. Nothing comes close in quality or looks, on or off. In fact I'm not sure if there are cooler headlights out there, period. No need to lift up the car, bumper removal is fairly easy and that's the hardest part. Somehow the red stripe on my grille lines up perfectly with the ones in the lights even though it's definitely a non-LP grille. I also installed Lamin-x tint (6%, just a bit darker than clear) on them for protection and even better looks.
No pictures? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Lol let’s see them

garymathe81

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
No pictures? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Lol let’s see them
20201127_093044_HDR(1).jpg
20201127_092802.jpg
20201127_092638_HDR.jpg
20201127_092534_HDR.jpg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
A few months ago I wanted 5 weeks on my package to move from Frankfurt, and then another 4 weeks +3 days once it entered the states to get to my door. This was with DHL in Germany and handed off to USPS in the states.

International packages are as slow as molasses right now.
Snap... Mines in Frankfurt. From DHL.de then USPS. Hopefully things move a bit quicker lol