GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR or Boost Dynamics Tune?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Go APR. It was always a great option, but even better now with the sales and reduced pricing.

Agreed. You can't go wrong with APR, and they recently reduced pricing on most tunes, and with black friday sales that reduced pricing is even further reduced!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Agreed. You can't go wrong with APR, and they recently reduced pricing on most tunes, and with black friday sales that reduced pricing is even further reduced!

Ah, I see that now. That sucks. The software is still solid.

cospringsalltrack

Car(s)
2017 Alltrack DSG
Neither get EQT.
according to EQT, they don't support 1.8T's

"Hi, cobb does not support the alltrack or any 1.8T sorry " This answer was based on the question below trying to understand their sales setup

"
I am looking into tunes for an alltrack that i'm putting an is20 turbo on. Trying to understand how your sales work, am i buying a Accessport V3, plus the staged tune, plus the tcu staged tune (i need that dsg tuned too!)? then you have "stock" maps for the 1.8t with is20 that you send out an i load? are your stock maps based on spirited power but still in line to be done on a daily driver?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Well APR also makes tunes for the IS20 etc so you could also just run the appropriate tune for what you’re trying to run haha

I guess after you add a used JB4, you're close to the price APR wants for the IS20 tune. Hehe.

The stage 1 (is12) tune with the IS20 actually works well. The car won't have the top end power it could have, but it will be strong below 4500 RPM.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
APR. Tried and true on our platform and at elevation. My guess is the other place can't actually do the custom tune on the 1.8...