GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Stock Halogens to US Golf R Headlights.
MK7 or 7.5? If stock halogen I don't think that would be the harness setup you need. Looking to do a MK7 Halogen to Bi-xenon retrofit, but I decided on switching a few things as I went with Osram LED lights due to the price of lights. Euro R's were what I was going to do second, as you can pick a set of them up for about 1,100 USD new from E-acca. Not sure on the difference in MK7.5, but for a MK7 you want something like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Only difference with the R vs a GSW xenon headlight is the extra module for the dual LEDs.

If you want to spend more like I did, Carsystems and Kufatec I believe also make harnesses. Though in all honesty, I'd build it myself next time. Not a difficult harness to make and you can find a few guides on it with part numbers.

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Sorry, should have specified, I do have a Mk7.5, which is why i mentioned it on this thread for the Mk7.5 Headlight Retrofit. Those Osram Headlights are super nice, but I'd rather have the automatic adjusting.
Also, could you post links for those harnesses please, and the guides to make my own? I'd like to see how the price breaks down between the options. Cheers.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Last edited:

mkca

Car(s)
Mk7
when i google this part, it says it's just for the arteon -- 3Q0907338C

anyone know what the part number is for a 2018 golf R? thanks!

AWD4416

Ready to race!
when i google this part, it says it's just for the arteon -- 3Q0907338C

anyone know what the part number is for a 2018 golf R? thanks!

Every VW car with LED headlights will use the same module. What is important is that you get the module that is programmed for your vehicle. It will have the proper parameters which is critical. If you have VCP or you will have someone do the programming/coding then it doesn't matter what programing the module has as you/they will know to install the proper firmware/parameters.. Hope this makes sense.

mkca

Car(s)
Mk7
i know a guy parting out a totaled 2018 Golf R--

is the 4B module easy to get to ? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to access it.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
i know a guy parting out a totaled 2018 Golf R--

is the 4B module easy to get to ? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to access it.
The CAN Gateway? It's under the dash above the brake pedal, pretty easy to reach but you may have to drop the lower dash plate. Should just be 2 screws.

mkca

Car(s)
Mk7

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I believe the 4B and the CAN Gateway are separate parts.

--

The other question I had for the posters here is if this adapter set can be used instead of the aliexpress harness linked in OP: https://www.kufatec.com/en/volkswag...for-bi-xenon-with-led-drl-for-vw-golf-7-40208
If it's the AFS unit, that should mount near the CAN gateway as well I believe. Most tuck it out of the way on retrofit.

That harness will work for the Halogen to Bi-xenon adapters, but you'll still need the AFS module harness. https://www.kufatec.com/en/volkswag...c-headlight-range-control-for-vw-golf-7-40087
That would be the AFS module harness. Carsystems and Kufatec sell them. You can also make your own if you're willing. I ordered the parts to make my own harnesses if needed.

mkca

Car(s)
Mk7
If it's the AFS unit, that should mount near the CAN gateway as well I believe. Most tuck it out of the way on retrofit.

That harness will work for the Halogen to Bi-xenon adapters, but you'll still need the AFS module harness. https://www.kufatec.com/en/volkswag...c-headlight-range-control-for-vw-golf-7-40087
That would be the AFS module harness. Carsystems and Kufatec sell them. You can also make your own if you're willing. I ordered the parts to make my own harnesses if needed.

thanks-- it used to be called the AFS module but now it's called the 4B if i correctly understand (sounds like it's also by the dead-pedal then).

I figured I could avoid getting that harness just because my car already has automatic headlights, i have a mk 7.5 gsw

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
thanks-- it used to be called the AFS module but now it's called the 4B if i correctly understand (sounds like it's also by the dead-pedal then).

I figured I could avoid getting that harness just because my car already has automatic headlights, i have a mk 7.5 gsw
You already have Xenons or Halogens? The auto lights is a sensor near the rear view mirror, the AFS is for auto leveling and side to side movement of Bi-xenon headlights. Halogen I don't believe have them, but I could be wrong as things have changed from 7 to 7.5.

rashid

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7
Hi Good morning,i just made my retro headlight complete but have one issue High beam not working when i use steering arm any help done all coding as
MR AWD4416 have instruction on forum. my light are no fully AFS

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Hi Good morning,i just made my retro headlight complete but have one issue High beam not working when i use steering arm any help done all coding as
MR AWD4416 have instruction on forum. my light are no fully AFS

The only thing i can think of is that the 4B module doesn't have the proper parameters. If that is the case, then you need ODIS or VCP to fix this. Do you have any other errors?