GOLFMKV

ECS MK7 GTI Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
i will also add, i like both the ecs product and the isweep product (and the second mentioned isweep product with the diffuser). I broke a tab on mine and have meant to replace my rear valence for a while. maybe one day like above.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
And FWIW guys i meant THIS one when i said i was going the isweep route (one day ;) ) i can see the other one is kind of a generic copy like the ecs one... now if only i can find a cheaper one like this... lol
https://neuspeed.com/products/isweep-mk7-gti-rear-under-skirt-diffuser-isg7rdf

Maybe it's just me, but that one from iSweep looks very MK6-like, just with the additional horizontal diffuser/cutout in the middle. It's not bad, but I like the other designs better. To each their own...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did you also upgrade your bumpers or will just put the skirts on?
I have a mk7.5 so they don’t have front abs rears kits like the 7 available. But I already have a splitter on the and diffuser/mud flaps on the rear so I would change anyways.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have a mk7.5 so they don’t have front abs rears kits like the 7 available. But I already have a splitter on the and diffuser/mud flaps on the rear so I would change anyways.

Can you take a photo once you install the sideskirts? I have some nasty dents in the rocker panel, wonder if the skirts will be a good addition to cover them up.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
ECS diffuser is currently on sale for $215 and free shipping... taking the plunge!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Maybe it's just me, but that one from iSweep looks very MK6-like, just with the additional horizontal diffuser/cutout in the middle. It's not bad, but I like the other designs better. To each their own...
well, what i personally love about the other isweep one is not so much the diffuser itself, but how it is a wrap around/add on of the lower part of the rear bumper! I don't really like how the mk7's bumper just kind of 'goes in' at the very bottom. Much prefer how the R's bumper kind of flares out. So this isweep piece kind of meets that end.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Keep in mind that this will scratch incredibly easy. If its made of the same material as the roof spoiler I just got...just using some quick detailer will leave light scratches.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Delivered and installed today. Have to say it was a pretty painless install, but man are there a lot of clips that hold on the stock valence! I think there is close to 20, plus 4 clips/screws. I had the rear bumper off to remove the hitch, which definitely made the job easier.

The ECS piece is much lighter than the stock valence, but seems sturdy and fitment is great! It came plastic-wrapped and packaged very well. I might have to play with the CSS muffler a bit because the tip seem a bit off on the passenger side compared to the driver side.

Overall, pretty pleased with the purchase and how quickly it arrived. Didn’t get a chance to take pics as it was getting dark by the time I finished up. Pics to follow tomorrow.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Before:
B6E219ED-FAC7-4AD9-8DB3-3A845A91ADAB.jpeg
F1AF040D-6F1C-4633-9F6A-EC41A1E1D1AD.jpeg

After:
6F71E2AC-C247-4A41-82B2-EA009A3912AD.jpeg

604669C1-67B5-4268-AA57-8113BE4D6C14.jpeg
4B008275-4E65-4E27-8216-5DE4D71E4347.jpeg

8206112E-B284-402F-B178-4AAE22B71B47.jpeg

Last edited:

tpa_mk7

Delivered and installed today. Have to say it was a pretty painless install, but man are there a lot of clips that hold on the stock valence! I think there is close to 20, plus 4 clips/screws. I had the rear bumper off to remove the hitch, which definitely made the job easier.

The ECS piece is much lighter than the stock valence, but seems sturdy and fitment is great! It came plastic-wrapped and packaged very well. I might have to play with the CSS muffler a bit because the tip seem a bit off on the passenger side compared to the driver side.

Overall, pretty pleased with the purchase and how quickly it arrived. Didn’t get a chance to take pics as it was getting dark by the time I finished up. Pics to follow tomorrow.Ju
I purchased one as well, not installed yet unfortunately but shipping was fast and it was more than properly packaged. Can´t wait to throw it on the GTI!

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
That's a valence, not a diffuser. The fins are clearly just for looks and do nothing for aero. The fins don't sit low enough in the air stream to provide any benefit. There's nothing wrong with getting it for looks, just know that's all it's for
Yup. Get the verus diffuser for functional aero.