GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Here is information on going from using the MOST (which is the fiber optic communication from head unit to ampifier under seat ) output to having the head unit drive speaker directly or your own non-Fender external amplifer. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/recoding-the-radio-to-eliminate-fender-amp.341803/ Providing as if your MIB 2.5 head unit came out of non Fender unit the coding would have to be changed to the opposite of what this thread shows. That thread will show you the bytes to look at to verify it configured for MOST output.

That said, start with getting you MIB1 Fender Amplifier byte 0 coded to work with MIB1 head unit. When I did this I had to get a MIB2 amplifer, but someone figured out to use a MIB1 amplifier by changing byte 0.

Last edited:

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Yes,you cant see 47 - Soundsystem until you recode the MIB2,but again I think you will have no sound whatsoever until CP is gone.

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Yes unfortunately hacksaw jobs can turn into a real mess,like some members here had.

Mack01

Car(s)
2015 VW GOLF GTD
@simaservis1108 just did the unthinkable! He converted a MIB 2.5 that I imported to a NAR SPEC!!!!!!!!! Eurozone keeps telling all of us they won’t touch units purchased from them... everyone said it can’t be done! It’s done! everyone with MIB issues needs to get in touch with this guy, his prices do not justify the amount of work and effort he puts. I have my aid functioning and a 9.2 inch screen!!!!! With Siri!!!!!

Attachments

• 5B83DE35-C287-436F-8B03-917CC27BF835.jpeg
    5B83DE35-C287-436F-8B03-917CC27BF835.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 249