GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Received the pop trunk Kit today, anyone has any thoughts or opinion about this. Bought it last week since it was on special but then I did some research and some people have mixed feelings about it.

I would love to do something like this but want the ability to close it remotely as well. The power open/close function is one of two things I like about my wife's CRV (the other being the BRIGHT BSM lights in the mirrors).

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Received the pop trunk Kit today, anyone has any thoughts or opinion about this. Bought it last week since it was on special but then I did some research and some people have mixed feelings about it.

View attachment 193300
love mine, unless your a very weak person who can't shut a trunk, there is nothing to complain about :) the springs are bigger to Pop it open and some ppl complain about it being harder to shut, you get used to it after a bit

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm not a fan of the hatch pop kit just because I don't like touching the paint to close the hatch and the pop kit makes that more difficult. I had one in my mk6 for a long time, but the mk7 won't getting one.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
it's 100% worth it, have groceries, just press the button on the fob. have golf clubs, bags, anything you need in the truck, 1 button click(hold). To each their own I guess. You need to touch the hatch in order to shut it any way u go about it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
it's 100% worth it, have groceries, just press the button on the fob. have golf clubs, bags, anything you need in the truck, 1 button click(hold). To each their own I guess. You need to touch the hatch in order to shut it any way u go about it.

There's a plastic panel on the inside of the hatch that I grab and pull down. I pull it down hard enough so it shuts the hatch without touching any paint. With the pop kit installed you can still do that, it just takes more effort.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
There's a plastic panel on the inside of the hatch that I grab and pull down. I pull it down hard enough so it shuts the hatch without touching any paint. With the pop kit installed you can still do that, it just takes more effort.
yeah i figured you would say this, I used that pre kit, but it seems like you really gotta slam it, and i would always have to reopen and push with the emblem idn

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
yeah i figured you would say this, I used that pre kit, but it seems like you really gotta slam it, and i would always have to reopen and push with the emblem idn

I'm just really anal about touching paint lol, even when I shut my doors I'm always going for the rubber trim at the top to avoid smudges on the glass and black pillar.