GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Version Question (Group Messaging)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I tried to do group messaging with my old Kitkat 4.4.2. I read where you go to messaging then chat then group? I have no option past messaging. Is my OS too old or am I missing something?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You either start a group message or join one when someone in a group texts you. I don't know what messaging app you are using or if it's up to date being on such an old phone. You also don't get security patch updates any more. It's beyond time to get a new phone. KitKat was replaced in 2014.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You either start a group message or join one when someone in a group texts you. I don't know what messaging app you are using or if it's up to date being on such an old phone. You also don't get security patch updates any more. It's beyond time to get a new phone. KitKat was replaced in 2014.

You're right, I've been looking. I want something on the smaller side that's 5G capable on either AT&T or T-Mobile since I use a bundler.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're right, I've been looking. I want something on the smaller side that's 5G capable on either AT&T or T-Mobile since I use a bundler.

The just released Pixel 4a 5G would be perfect for that on any carrier. I think it's $499 but there are some sales going on.