GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
yeah i just stopped opening that thread after a bit, haha.

it became cancerous, as many of Arin's threads do on here. I will, and do, talk shit on APR all day long on the forums but out of sheer respect for another human being i don't want anything to do with the lambasting. he's just a dude making a living, I wouldn't direct my negative feelings about his company towards him.

i've seen him say some whack shit tho lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Have you found these to be any different from the rings available through Amazon or anywhere else?

I've never ordered rings through amazon, so can't really comment. I will say, they are a higher class ring than other metal hub rings I've used before. Well machined and good angle to mount on the hub. I did a test fit on my hub last night and they went on easier than spacers.

and I haven't rocked anything APR since my 02 Passat back in '06

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Replacement caliper for my damaged one... off to paint with the rest of them. And eurosport street camber kit. I want my camber and I don't want any drama.
IMG_20201119_064943.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Vossen & Rotiform really need to put out some LW wheels. They have many great styling choices but all so weighted.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Vossen & Rotiform really need to put out some LW wheels. They have many great styling choices but all so weighted.

I feel like that's not their market. At least with Rotiform. There's plenty of companies putting out lightweight wheels with a race of "How light can we go?". But you want absolute tanks? You know to get Rotiforms.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I feel like that's not their market. At least with Rotiform. There's plenty of companies putting out lightweight wheels with a race of "How light can we go?". But you want absolute tanks? You know to get Rotiforms.

Agreed. I feel like they cater to the "low & slow" scene. Of which, euro's make up a big chunk of. You don't see too many many muscle cars or track rats with rotiforms.

**Nothing wrong with any scene, just pointing out what we already know

I've actually gone back and forth between the likes of Oz or Konig and Roti and fifteen52. I'm not going to see a track in the foreseeable future and my planned mod path is as much aesthetic and it is performance so why limit myself?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Agreed. I feel like they cater to the "low & slow" scene. Of which, euro's make up a big chunk of. You don't see too many many muscle cars or track rats with rotiforms.

**Nothing wrong with any scene, just pointing out what we already know

I've actually gone back and forth between the likes of Oz or Konig and Roti and fifteen52. I'm not going to see a track in the foreseeable future and my planned mod path is as much aesthetic and it is performance so why limit myself?

Truth! On my air'd out MK4 GLI, Rotiforms were THE go-to.....while stage II, I could have cared less, but leaned more towards rolling low over speed.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
VCDS Cable, DG Springs, Strut kits with all new bolts and bearings. Factory rear window sun shades for the little dude. Next week hopefully some VMR v810's with PS4's.

Last edited:

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Received the pop trunk Kit today, anyone has any thoughts or opinion about this. Bought it last week since it was on special but then I did some research and some people have mixed feelings about it.

1605831459319.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Received the pop trunk Kit today, anyone has any thoughts or opinion about this. Bought it last week since it was on special but then I did some research and some people have mixed feelings about it.

View attachment 193300

Love mine! Have had it on for over a year and still performs perfectly

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
20201119_093103.jpg

Finally got these, so this, Powerflex Hybrid dogbone, ethanol sensor, Autotech hpfp and flex tune going in

I'm finally done after this.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R