GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Wife’s Alltrack

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
NICE. This is definitely a big want on my list. I want to go R wheel for the white stitching, as I’m doing an R-Track build😁
Contact these guys by phone https://www.autohaasparts.com/

Tell them what you’re looking for, their site search kinda sucks. Tell them missing buttons is okay, then buy a button cover off eBay or AliExpress. I got the GTI wheel sans airbag (albeit the wrong buttons for the Alltrack) for $150 shipped. They were super cool.
The airbag we have in the AT will swap over. I got correct button set for our non-ACC car from AliExpress. I’ve got the round airbag cover on order from Ali too.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Contact these guys by phone https://www.autohaasparts.com/

Tell them what you’re looking for, their site search kinda sucks. Tell them missing buttons is okay, then buy a button cover off eBay or AliExpress. I got the GTI wheel sans airbag (albeit the wrong buttons for the Alltrack) for $150 shipped. They were super cool.
The airbag we have in the AT will swap over. I got correct button set for our non-ACC car from AliExpress. I’ve got the round airbag cover on order from Ali too.

Thanks for the info, I’ve bookmarked your responses for the day I’m ready to take that plunge

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Alright, got the GTI/R steering wheel conversion done. Kind of a pain in the ass to swap the airbag cover, but it’s in and my multifunction button gamble via AliExpress paid off, all the buttons work correctly. I was concerned being it was the ONLY seller I found with that particular button set.

Had to break out the clamps to get the airbag cover clipped in there correctly. Got my wife out for a test drive.

64F62D6B-35D5-4CA0-828C-199496CD6078.jpeg
723A6FA6-A1E7-4790-87D0-5B8E8CEBFF46.jpeg
FF1952BA-BA44-4BF6-AF44-9CBB6263A151.jpeg
63A2E7C3-1A5E-4452-A846-9582FAF25C07.jpeg

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Swapped out the ALLTRACK badge for a 4MOTION badge from a Passat B8. Genuine from Europe via eBay.
The car is otherwise de-badged.

For clarity, I peeled out the original alltrack badge from the holder. The replacement came on a different type of clip-in bracket but the badge itself is identical shape and size.
I removed the 4Motion badge from the bracket with a small flat blade screwdriver and it was in the cold garage so it came right off and was able to preserve the double stick tape.
I heated the tape with hairdryer and cleaned the surface of the mount on the car and popped it on.

B428E036-EBCD-4C37-91EB-87F37CDD4F07.jpeg

Last edited: