GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRS-Tec MK7 GTI Bumper Flare Group Buy

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
hmm now that everyone is talking about painting them, i wonder if it would be worth painting the outside portion of them color match, but the inside black so it blends in with the existing black trim... Time will tell!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
nothing I would buy but props to 18 for the effort. Stuff like this is why this site rocks.

Jim (y)

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Put mine on today. Not the best paintjob, but whatever.
I would get a couple spring clamps (with pivoting head) to secure the bottom portion and have a strong contact point. Tape it up and let the glue set for about 10 minutes before putting on the clamp. A couple times it would pop off an I'd have to readjust everything. I used low gloss flat black engine paint that I had lying around. Pretty close to the fog light color however it has "rougher" texture than the black plastic under light. Gonna wait a few days before washing the car. Overall I think it added 10-15whp.
IMG_6646.JPG
IMG_6650.JPG
IMG_6651.JPG
IMG_6648.JPG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks good. Probably similar to what I'll do.

No response from SRS Tec today requesting to order 9 pairs. If I don't hear back by Monday, I'll email again.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Germany is mostly shut down right now, so you might not get a reply for awhile

Uh oh.

My last email to them was on 11/4, which looks like it was right after their lockdown started, and I got a response literally within 5 minutes. But I imagine it took a few days to ramp up. We'll see how it goes.

Mostly just trying to keep people informed. I have nearly $1,200 of other people's money just sitting in my PayPal, so want to be as transparent as possible.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Most seem to be "leisure spots" like bars and restaurants that are shut down. Schools and salons (peeps needs to get their hair done yo) are still open. Hopefully they'll get back to you soon. When I emailed them in the past...it always took two to three days to get back to me.

cb1111

Most seem to be "leisure spots" like bars and restaurants that are shut down. Schools and salons (peeps needs to get their hair done yo) are still open. Hopefully they'll get back to you soon. When I emailed them in the past...it always took two to three days to get back to me.
Depends on which German state they are in - some are far more locked than others and they don't want to go the way of Austria or Belgium

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got a response and moving forward.

Screenshot_20201115-094636.png

Gave them the shipping address, and awaiting them to respond so I can pay.

cb1111

We website says "shipping delays due to CoVID" so I expect that there will significant delays as that state is mostly shut down.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Just incase the delays get bad, I'll say I'm still in; not in a rush for these personally. whenever I get them is fine. Thanks OP for the transparency and updates!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They have had that disclaimer since the being of the pandemic,

I recently orders fenders from them (huge box 5x2x2) and the delays were only from the shipping partner and still not bad. It just sat for 7 days at the facility with no updates.
Ordered evening of Thursday October 22, they shipped Monday 26th, made it to US customs on the 4th and I received it the 9th.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I agree I’m in no rush either as long as we keep being in touch. I’m cool with that. So far OP has been great with the updates. Hopefully, it doesn’t take forever lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They have had that disclaimer since the being of the pandemic,

I recently orders fenders from them (huge box 5x2x2) and the delays were only from the shipping partner and still not bad. It just sat for 7 days at the facility with no updates.
Ordered evening of Thursday October 22, they shipped Monday 26th, made it to US customs on the 4th and I received it the 9th.

So a little over two weeks from when you ordered it to when you get it, which isn't too bad coming international, during a pandemic. Ideally, I'd like to get these in everybody's hands by the end of December at the latest, but mostly everything is out of my control. I responded and gave them the shipping address and acknowledged two week lead time was fine. Once I get them, I can have them turned around and out the door to the buyers within 1 - 2 days. Just waiting on them.