GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I had a half a tank of gas - I filled up but still 93 but it was Exxon gas station vs US gas on initial. Temperature wise it was actually warmer about 10 degrees or so. other than those 2, no other factors have changed just addition of commute mileage

https://datazap.me/u/barische/3rd-gear-eqt-stage-1?log=0&data=2-12&trim=0&tmin=0.02&tmax=12.01

https://datazap.me/u/barische/log-1603929331?log=0&data=5-12

https://datazap.me/u/barische/log-1603929331?log=1&data=5-12

let me know if these work - first time using datalog and COBB AP

It was the US Gas. Only run Shell, Exxon, BP, Sunoco, or if you've got it Costco. the big name top tiers. And even within those big names, make sure you go to stations (like Costsco) that do lots of business. Not the family-owned gas station in the cute part of town that sells sunoco fuel, and not the back-water stations either. Places that move product all day long have better maintenance, fuel filters replaced often, less opportunity for water to buildup in the fuel.

I would even trust non top-tier brands that are still recognizable, trustworthy consumer brand names that do a lot of business. For example, for the longest time I would only go to Shell or Sunoco. I live in the northeast and work for a convenience store that does not sell top tier, but we sell like 200K gallons per store per week at 700 locations, so i know we are on top of maintenance. i recently made the decision to buy from my company (that i have worked for for 9 years). I run APR's 87 octane tune on my 1.8 so it'd be interesting to do some logs on my company's gas... I'm gonna do that.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Anyone mind looking over some of my logs to make sure everything is looking good?

EQT Stage 1 93 Octane 7 Speed DSG in Sport
4th Gear: https://datazap.me/u/ghostgti/eqt-s...ar-pull?log=0&data=1-3-8-11-15-20-26-27-28-29
3rd Gear: https://datazap.me/u/ghostgti/eqt-s...r-pull?log=0&data=1-7-10-14-19-25-26-27-28-29

Besides this, I will rarely see KR at -1.88 in some cylinders in regular driving when I give a bit more throttle in D (30%+ throttle).

Looks OK to me...could be a little better, sure. Could try a different gas station or something. But either way nothing to lose sleep over unless you're starting to see worse than that consistently. Sometimes I'll have a 'bad' pull, then I'll do 3 more with zero knock, so who knows. It's not going to be clean every run, every time.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Looks OK to me...could be a little better, sure. Could try a different gas station or something. But either way nothing to lose sleep over unless you're starting to see worse than that consistently. Sometimes I'll have a 'bad' pull, then I'll do 3 more with zero knock, so who knows. It's not going to be clean every run, every time.
I appreciate it. Yeah I had a couple of other pulls with no knock. I'd say its half with no knock, have with knock like the logs shown. I've seen other times where KR went up to -2.75 but did not get any today.

I've been consistently going to a Shell near my house so I'll go somewhere else as a test. I'll keep monitoring and if I see higher than 3s I'll report back with more logs.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I appreciate it. Yeah I had a couple of other pulls with no knock. I'd say its half with no knock, have with knock like the logs shown. I've seen other times where KR went up to -2.75 but did not get any today.

I've been consistently going to a Shell near my house so I'll go somewhere else as a test. I'll keep monitoring and if I see higher than 3s I'll report back with more logs.

It's funny but I have definitely seen a connection between driving it hard and knock. After a few pulls it definitely knocks less. And I am much more likely to pick up some knock if I have been cruise control set for a while, then suddenly downshift and get on it. Obviously a limit to this....driving it really hard, heat is going to become a factor. Even just shifting to S about a minute before doing a pull (and car will naturally downshift a gear or two and hold revs in the 3k range or maybe a tad higher)...it seems to less likely to knock. Maybe it's in my head, but not the first time I've seen this with direct injection turbo vehicles. If you read into LSPI Low speed pre ignition, it kinda makes sense and possibly related to that.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
It's funny but I have definitely seen a connection between driving it hard and knock. After a few pulls it definitely knocks less. And I am much more likely to pick up some knock if I have been cruise control set for a while, then suddenly downshift and get on it. Obviously a limit to this....driving it really hard, heat is going to become a factor. Even just shifting to S about a minute before doing a pull (and car will naturally downshift a gear or two and hold revs in the 3k range or maybe a tad higher)...it seems to less likely to knock. Maybe it's in my head, but not the first time I've seen this with direct injection turbo vehicles. If you read into LSPI Low speed pre ignition, it kinda makes sense and possibly related to that.
When I have a chance I'll try to do a few back to back pulls to see if I see the same thing. Quick question, at what point should I be concerned with KR in part throttle?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
When I have a chance I'll try to do a few back to back pulls to see if I see the same thing. Quick question, at what point should I be concerned with KR in part throttle?

I don't see much part throttle KR in this car, but it's not nearly as concerning since cylinder pressure is so much lower.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I don't see much part throttle KR in this car, but it's not nearly as concerning since cylinder pressure is so much lower.
Yeah its very very few here. Like, in 10-15 minutes of regular driving, I see it randomly jump for a split second then back.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Question, I see some people throwing their logs up on here. Can adjustments even be made to an OTS staged tune? (I was under the impression that you couldn’t)

Are the folks posting them most likely on custom Etunes or only posting to get some peace in mind?

thanks!

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Question, I see some people throwing their logs up on here. Can adjustments even be made to an OTS staged tune? (I was under the impression that you couldn’t)

Are the folks posting them most likely on custom Etunes or only posting to get some peace in mind?

thanks!
No adjustments can be made to the OTS tunes. Some folks might be posting logs from custom tunes, but to me that’s what you’re paying Ed and his crew to analyze.

Most are just looking for feedback on how the OTS tune is running on their car.

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI

thanks!
Mine's OTS tune. I know OTS tunes are configured to be a bit more conservative to compensate for bad fuels and other conditions. But I'm new to tuned cars so just want to dot the i's and cross the t's to make sure nothing's being pushed over the limit and blow up my car :D

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
No adjustments can be made to the OTS tunes. Some folks might be posting logs from custom tunes, but to me that’s what you’re paying Ed and his crew to analyze.

Most are just looking for feedback on how the OTS tune is running on their car.
Gotcha ok cool. Sounds similar to jb4 unit (being able to run logs and have it tweaked. Obviously there were limits as to what you could tweak with jb4 but same idea/concept)

should be getting mine Thursday/Friday. Cant wait to finally feel what the dsg tune hype is al about lol.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG

thanks!
I posted just to make sure my shit isn't gonna explode LOL