GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Speaking of lube my drivers window all of a sudden seems to bind up when halfway down, goes up and halfway down just fine but won’t go down all the way, should I lube up the track?what do I lube it with? I don’t want to have to take off the door panel if I don’t have to lol

You can lube it but it sounds more like a problem with the regulator.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Would a R is38 require a downpipe on a gti? Or would the stock one fit fine. I ask because of carb and their standards :/

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Would a R is38 require a downpipe on a gti? Or would the stock one fit fine. I ask because of carb and their standards :/

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you're trying to fit an IS38 from a Golf R onto your GTI downpipe, it will fit, but it is way too restrictive, and will cause problems.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm not sure what you are asking. If you're trying to fit an IS38 from a Golf R onto your GTI downpipe, it will fit, but it is way too restrictive, and will cause problems.
Should I use a golf r downpipe?

I’m trying to find a solution where I can still meet emissions and run an is38.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Does Colorado have visual inspection? I thought as long as you passed the OBD check you're good?
There’s visual but with discrimination

for example. A Subaru, mustang, gti; there’s gonna be visual on top of visual

10,000whp Kia shows up; no visual. It’s a Kia.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Unless you're planning on just swapping to the R DP for inspection. Been thinking about this with my 1.8T and upgrade options as I plan on keeping it well past when i'll have to smog it.