GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just waiting for insurance... but new Golf R!

Wiredin

Ready to race!
I've been through a mess with cars the last 5 years... check this timeline out. 2015 GTI manual launch car, traded straight across for stage 2 Audi S4 (2011) in late 2016. traded audi in late 2017 for a DSG GLI due to some pretty heavy bills on the Audi. 2017 GLI gets stolen a week later. get another 2017 GLI with DSG. I was bait and switched on the colour (white silver) which I hated and the DSG and I don't get along. 2019 GLI 35th launches, trade for that. Last week my GLI was involved in a nasty accident that is causing me some PTSD (accident involved bullets, wrong place at the wrong time) and now I'm just waiting for insurance to finalize the approvals for repair or write off so I can pickup this bad boy!

I've been wanting a Golf R ever since they were announced for the Canadian market with the mk6. But it never worked out... almost had one instead of the GLI but in hindsight I think the dealership didn't want to sell me that car as they were pressuring me hard on the 19. But now's my time!

2017 Golf R in Oryx White in manual with DAP. not tuned and in near mint condition. I'm so excited! I'm going to miss the sunroof...until I put my foot down. I actually like the pre-facelift bodystyle a bit better the more I look at them, but would like to change out for the LED sequential tail lights. hopefully I'll keep this one longer than a year.... My wife is getting annoyed with my VW-ADHD.

truthfully I've compared every car to my GTI and I wish I never did that trade as I loved that car. feels good to be back in a "golf"

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 165
  • PXL_20201112_231103965_2.jpg
    PXL_20201112_231103965_2.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Sorry to hear about the most recent incident. I strongly suggest you look into a therapist to work through what happened. My girlfriend is a trauma therapist, so I've experienced second-hand through her stories what happens to people with PTSD.

Especially since it happened while you were driving, certain situations may trigger you in the future and put you in a mental state where you are no longer able to operate a vehicle safely or normally, which could cause a serious accident.

Also - moving on in life being able to understand, mitigate, and manage the effects of your trauma is a nice bonus :D

Congrats on the R! Excellent choice. You certainly deserve it after what you've been through.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I've been through a mess with cars the last 5 years... check this timeline out. 2015 GTI manual launch car, traded straight across for stage 2 Audi S4 (2011) in late 2016. traded audi in late 2017 for a DSG GLI due to some pretty heavy bills on the Audi. 2017 GLI gets stolen a week later. get another 2017 GLI with DSG. I was bait and switched on the colour (white silver) which I hated and the DSG and I don't get along. 2019 GLI 35th launches, trade for that. Last week my GLI was involved in a nasty accident that is causing me some PTSD (accident involved bullets, wrong place at the wrong time) and now I'm just waiting for insurance to finalize the approvals for repair or write off so I can pickup this bad boy!

Damn, I feel like we could start a LONG thread with just this info. Damn!! Congrats on the new car. Love the color.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
You should probably put some cash aside for an exorcism too, just in case.

I was thinking that too.

Sorry to hear about the most recent incident. I strongly suggest you look into a therapist to work through what happened. My girlfriend is a trauma therapist, so I've experienced second-hand through her stories what happens to people with PTSD.

Especially since it happened while you were driving, certain situations may trigger you in the future and put you in a mental state where you are no longer able to operate a vehicle safely or normally, which could cause a serious accident.

Also - moving on in life being able to understand, mitigate, and manage the effects of your trauma is a nice bonus :D

Congrats on the R! Excellent choice. You certainly deserve it after what you've been through.

While the cops were at my place I already emailed my therapist and already had a meeting. 2 more coming up in the coming weeks. emotionally it's been pretty tough time and I'm not sleeping. thankfully the dealership and the police have been beyond amazing in making this situation as painless as possible... I can't say that about my insurance company however.

and yes, I have already had the odd trigger too. but I've learned some strategies and my support network is fantastic.

Thanks! I'm so happy to finally get a car I've dreamed of for a long time, only thing I wish was that it was lapiz blue, but the white pearl is amazing too.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Damn, I feel like we could start a LONG thread with just this info. Damn!! Congrats on the new car. Love the color.

thanks! ask away regarding the other cars lol. I also had a 2008 GLI I bought off the car show floor back in 2008 that I kept until the GTI. my wife had an 04 1.8T turbo GLS that she kept to 300,000km and then just picked up a 2007 GLI a few months ago with 180,000km. So yea, VW family 100%. she's a "no payments I only pay cash" I'm the "wheres my new car at?" person.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
thanks! ask away regarding the other cars lol. I also had a 2008 GLI I bought off the car show floor back in 2008 that I kept until the GTI. my wife had an 04 1.8T turbo GLS that she kept to 300,000km and then just picked up a 2007 GLI a few months ago with 180,000km. So yea, VW family 100%. she's a "no payments I only pay cash" I'm the "wheres my new car at?" person.

The latest GLI story involving bullets has certainly piqued my interest, but it also sounds traumatizing, so I won't pry. Glad thing's are being resolved, though. Sounds insane.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
The latest GLI story involving bullets has certainly piqued my interest, but it also sounds traumatizing, so I won't pry. Glad thing's are being resolved, though. Sounds insane.

honestly not much to say and I'm numb to telling it at this point. essentially I was cruising on the highway and two vehicles were shooting at each other, they passed me on either side and I was caught in the cross fire. 7 holes in my car. 17 in the vehicle the police caught. I was magically unharmed. think Pulp Fiction when the dude busts outa the bathroom and fires at Sam Jackson and John Travolta but all the bullets miss. did I mention I live in Canada and how beyond abnormal this is?

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Note to self, Canada might not be safe space I've assumed it was. At least not Alberta.

my best friend is a cop and he's never been shot at. the 4 responding officers also stated that they have only seen innocents caught in cross fire a handful of times in their career. they never said if they were all okay or not, but I like to think that they are. I look at this as a 1 in a million event. But Alberta is just North Texas.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
honestly not much to say and I'm numb to telling it at this point. essentially I was cruising on the highway and two vehicles were shooting at each other, they passed me on either side and I was caught in the cross fire. 7 holes in my car. 17 in the vehicle the police caught. I was magically unharmed. think Pulp Fiction when the dude busts outa the bathroom and fires at Sam Jackson and John Travolta but all the bullets miss. did I mention I live in Canada and how beyond abnormal this is?

Dude, holy fuck. This is nightmare material. Not even a bad part of town, or anything sketchy like that?! (Does Canada even have bad parts? LOL) Damn. Glad you are OK. On the FREEWAY?

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Dude, holy fuck. This is nightmare material. Not even a bad part of town, or anything sketchy like that?! (Does Canada even have bad parts? LOL) Damn. Glad you are OK. On the FREEWAY?

yea man on the freeway. we usually joke about the north side being the crime ridden area of town but this was on the south side. on the freeway ring road around the city. yea I think I'm dealing with it pretty good all things considered. :p

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
my best friend is a cop and he's never been shot at. the 4 responding officers also stated that they have only seen innocents caught in cross fire a handful of times in their career. they never said if they were all okay or not, but I like to think that they are. I look at this as a 1 in a million event. But Alberta is just North Texas.
Funny thing is that pretty much the exact scenario happened to a friend of mine in the 90's in LA on the 405. I wasn't at all surprised by that, but certainly don't expect it in your area.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Damn dude you’re super unlucky and yet super lucky all at once.

I think I envy you a bit but I’m not sure yet