GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What year did the GTI get the diff standard?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
And is there no diff if the badge is chrome not red? Looking at an 18 se online with chrome badges seller insists it has the diff. Thx

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
But it was standard on the 18 SE, even with a silver badge. The S was the only car that didn't have PP standard beginning in 17, and even then, the Sport also had it. My 17 SE had a red badge, and my 18 SE has the silver one again, but both have the standard PP package.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Any reason for the silver badge v red badge?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Guess they had more inventory of one over the other? No idea. I know they've used the red ones on the Rabbit and either the 2020 or 2021 cars too, but in 17, I suppose it did indicate either an SE or AB, both of which had PP, but like mentioned, in 19 and forward, all cars have the PP.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Here is the order sheet for MY18.

Attachments

• MY2018_Retail_Order_Guide_US_gti.pdf
    815.3 KB · Views: 69

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
But you gain 10 hp for each badge you remove. I just wish it was easier to shit can the front one.
The one on the grille on the passenger side?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yes. I know it comes off, but the area behind it looks sad without it.
Ah, I put a ROW eGolf grille on mine for this reason. Some like it some don’t. I prefer it over the honeycomb, but now I need a Golf lower one. Since they mismatch a little.
805F5F85-CB4E-46F9-9E95-4DC5D040991A.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ah, I put a ROW eGolf grille on mine for this reason. Some like it some don’t. I prefer it over the honeycomb, but now I need a Golf lower one. Since they mismatch a little.View attachment 192221

Looks great. Wheel color bronze for the stripe in the grill and lights would look pretty cool

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Looks great. Wheel color bronze for the stripe in the grill and lights would look pretty cool
I’ve thought this too but don’t think it’s possible for headlights? Grille strip could probably be wrapped.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion