GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Only experience I have with AS are DWS and the new PSAS4 and they blow DSW out of the water dry and wet. Haven’t seen any snow with them yet to compare that.

I had a set of general AS on a mk3 about 6-8 years ago and they were very impressive for the money, but that was so long ago I couldn’t tell you what model they were
Actually appreciate that. Difference isn’t that much between the DWS and psas4. Was only looking at general due to price, but may eliminate them unless I find good reviews

Wtj491

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI Rabbit
After owning every MK version with the exception of MK5 (could never get over the rounded, flat bottomed look), I was finally able to pick up a brand new MK7.5 GTI SE with only 13 miles on it. Love everything about it and I thought I'd go ahead and start a journal... Otherwise I'm gonna lose track of the pics.

Onto the Mods:

Exterior:
OEM roof bars with Inno Fairing; RockyMounts fork mounts
RallyArmor Urethane Mud Flaps
Tinted Lower Bumper Markers
Aerofabb Spoiler
Strafe Design Rear Diffuser
Hella 500ff Driving Lights
UniWerks Design Driving Light mounts

Interior:
Tint (if you can call it a mod)
Paddle Shifter Extensions
CJM Boost Gauge pod
Prosport Mechanical Boost Gauge

Electronics:
Cobb APv3
Plethora of OBDeleven tweaks

Suspension:
Eibach 24mm Rear Sway

Engine:
EQTuning Protune
NGK Ruthineum HX plugs
MAP intake w/heat shield
Baun Performance FMIC w/ piping
Baun Performance Downpipe
Baun Performance Midpipe

Transmission:
EQTuning DSG tune

Brakes:
Hawk 5.0 Pads

Wheels:
Fast FC04 18x8 wrapped in Michelin AS3+
Urotuning Performance Wheel Studs
Monster Lugs (Steel)

How are you liking the grip and dust level of the hawk 5.0 pads?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
How are you liking the grip and dust level of the hawk 5.0 pads?
Love the bite and dust level IS lower, just not as low as I wanted it

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So have you made a decision of what tires you are going to buy?
Luckily I have time as my wheels still haven’t shipped lol. Between Asps4 and DWS .... thinking I’ll go with 235 instead of 245 on the wheels too (8.5 wide)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
235's are nice and is the size I went with. It has a very nice little stretch to it which imho looks great.
Will help whenever I drop the car too. Had 245s on the other wheels.... hefty

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Bingo

Michelin has a deal going on right now that brings the ps4’s down in price to the same price as the DWS tires (roughly 160/tire) so I’ll be picking up some 235/40/18 Michelin ps4 tires tomorrow to get in on the deal

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah, well I just purchased some today on Tire Rack and they did not have that deal. :(
hmmm that sucks. I’ll clarify tomorrow what I heard, but it was like 10% off each tire

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Bingo

Michelin has a deal going on right now that brings the ps4’s down in price to the same price as the DWS tires (roughly 160/tire) so I’ll be picking up some 235/40/18 Michelin ps4 tires tomorrow to get in on the deal
You get the ps4 or ps4s?

that’s the size I’m running right now they are perfect on a 8.5! Only reason I’ve got a new set of 225/40/18s (ps4s again) is cause I’m chasing a specific fitment when aired out.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You get the ps4 or ps4s?

that’s the size I’m running right now they are perfect on a 8.5! Only reason I’ve got a new set of 225/40/18s (ps4s again) is cause I’m chasing a specific fitment when aired out.

I'm pretty sure he went with the PSAS4 tires.