GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Are there still? I work right by there.

I bought my 20 Autobahn in July - Havent driven it too much only 1600 miles but I've been scratching my mod-itch. Had '15 R that was totaled and happy to be back in an MK7 after a yawn inducing stint in a B9 S5

View attachment 189845

View attachment 189846
That rear lower valence with the black tips looks awesome. To answer your question about the meets, last I heard they were still on hold but am not totally sure.

Does anyone know if there are any local cars and coffee events in Boston area? Would love to attend.

Rizzo1

Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That rear lower valence with the black tips looks awesome. To answer your question about the meets, last I heard they were still on hold but am not totally sure.

Does anyone know if there are any local cars and coffee events in Boston area? Would love to attend.

There's a VW/Audi meet & cruise tomorrow at 3pm in Middleton, MA if you're interested!

Rizzo1

Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wish I was around. Actually in NC this weekend. Do these happen on a regular basis? Would love to attend.

It's monthly! Here's a shot from today (I took my front plate off afterwards but it was too dark already).
78143FFA-1430-49C6-A152-A83F8704BB1E.jpeg

argyle

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI SE
Hey all, new member here from just outside Boston. Bought my '19 GTI SE MT in February and hoping to connect with some other local owners! Curious to know about winter driving experience, and how to best TURN OFF the beeping when you open the door with the engine running. Please let me know if anyone has a ODBeleven or similar that might help.

Meetups/runs would be fun too if that's a thing! Nice to join the forum.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Welcome! Obd11 is what you want. Worth buying one imo, super nice for checking codes and playing with settings for autocross or other upgrades.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Hey all, new member here from just outside Boston. Bought my '19 GTI SE MT in February and hoping to connect with some other local owners! Curious to know about winter driving experience, and how to best TURN OFF the beeping when you open the door with the engine running. Please let me know if anyone has a ODBeleven or similar that might help.

Meetups/runs would be fun too if that's a thing! Nice to join the forum.

hey Holliston, lol

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
YO! New member here, too. 2015 GTI 4D MT. I've had the car for a few years now and just started tuning and modding it. I've always driven naturally aspirated cars, so the boost is new to me. Early in life I had a 96 Ford Probe GT with a KL-ZE swap and all the bolt-ons. Deceptively fast for a 90's car. Before I got the GTI, an 07 Trailblazer SS AWD. Full exhaust, intake and headers, with a street tune.

Since November I've done a few things to better the ol' whiperino, including an APR STG 1 Tune and full APR Intake with carbon elbow. Cars a ton of fun and thinking some suspension next, but its my daily and I drive quite a bit. I just took it to DYNOTECH in Seekonk, MA, to have a dyno and see where I sat. On a mustang dyno (reads 15% lower than dynojet, apparently) she put down 242whp and 260 wtq. Those numbers inflate to 278/299 roughly, so I'm pretty happy, but have the itch! Let me know what you think you might do next with the setup I have. 89K mi.

Thanks!

jcabral1115

Passed Driver's Ed
YO! New member here, too. 2015 GTI 4D MT. I've had the car for a few years now and just started tuning and modding it. I've always driven naturally aspirated cars, so the boost is new to me. Early in life I had a 96 Ford Probe GT with a KL-ZE swap and all the bolt-ons. Deceptively fast for a 90's car. Before I got the GTI, an 07 Trailblazer SS AWD. Full exhaust, intake and headers, with a street tune.

Since November I've done a few things to better the ol' whiperino, including an APR STG 1 Tune and full APR Intake with carbon elbow. Cars a ton of fun and thinking some suspension next, but its my daily and I drive quite a bit. I just took it to DYNOTECH in Seekonk, MA, to have a dyno and see where I sat. On a mustang dyno (reads 15% lower than dynojet, apparently) she put down 242whp and 260 wtq. Those numbers inflate to 278/299 roughly, so I'm pretty happy, but have the itch! Let me know what you think you might do next with the setup I have. 89K mi.

Thank
Welcome, Im over in East Providence . Had my gti for a year

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Long time reader, but finally a member here over in Brighton. picked up a 2020 pure white GTI S DSG in December. It's a lot nicer than my first car; a 1986 diesel golf.