GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Tried to change the value on 27 to what he posted, while it didnt break anything it also didnt enable the amber LED signals.

Earlier today i tried to code everything the the BEC coding instructions and turn signals and brake lights stopped functioning entirely - luckily I was able to revert everything and I get the lights behaving like they did with no coding.
Give the coding from the ECS install Instructions a try?
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...MjwR0rqyq0LSwBo5wxsNtjt-87z0TXhMaAt9sEALw_wcB

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
So after reading through some 200 pages of this thread and still not finding the coding answer I need, I suppose I will ask.

I have the AKD aliexpress tail lights - actually fitting pretty wall after I got some help with the install in another thread.

The dynamic turn signals (amber) are not functioning. Does anyone have the coding for just the turn signals? everything else seems to be functioning properly.
You'll need to re-pin the harness, hook up that yellow wire and do some coding changes.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
You'll need to re-pin the harness, hook up that yellow wire and do some coding changes.

The harness seems to be working okay but could you point me to where I might read what I need to repin?

The yellow wire between the inner and outer is hooked up just not routed under the panels.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
20201021_172913.jpg

They work exactly as expected except for no amber

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
The harness seems to be working okay but could you point me to where I might read what I need to repin?

The yellow wire between the inner and outer is hooked up just not routed under the panels.
For 2018+ NAR cars with the AKD tail lights with harness, you have to move Pin4 to Pin 2 and Pin8 to Pin4 on both outer adapters.

This is what my harness looked like before the pin changes, you will be re-pinning the plug on the left.

Then the following coding changes (thanks again to @ZERO815)!

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
For 2018+ NAR cars with the AKD tail lights with harness, you have to move Pin4 to Pin 2 and Pin8 to Pin4 on both outer adapters.

This is what my harness looked like before the pin changes, you will be re-pinning the plug on the left.

Then the following coding changes (thanks again to @ZERO815)!

Wow dude you are my hero. Will report back!

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Wow dude you are my hero. Will report back!
I hope that makes sense. Basically move second red wire from the right (Pin 4) up into Pin 2, and the two yellow wires from Pin 8 to Pin 4 (old red wire you moved up).

I had some guy randomly message me on Facebook and showed me a screen cap of my conversation with the seller on Aliexpress after I explained that I found a solution. Hilarious they can't even support their own product.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Well I pmed Zero and he quickly responded with harness modification instructions and new coding.

Spent about an hour doing the mods and then the coding and low and behold everything functions perfectly! I don't know if he wants to share the instructions so I won't post them just yet.

Will take a video of the car later once this baby takes a nap!

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI

There is the final function. Works exactly as expected thanks to Zero and blaqsheep for their help!

For those who wanted to know what they look like off.

20201022_113742.jpg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
One last thing to report here on the smoked tails - today I had the opportunity for my wife to drive behind me and test the "safety" of the dark tail lights since brightness being too low is a major problem in aftermarket smoked tail lights. Her report was that it was very easy to see the tail lights and there was no concern for the brightness in full daylight.

rager007

Car(s)
Golf 7
Hello
My car Golf 7 2012 Higline Stop tail change (Oem Orginal Facelift 7.5 change.) ( BCM 3 Cable connected. OK ) everything is fine but, There is a problem when you turn off the car , You will see the problem in the video. when the vehicle is turned off it slips 2 times, then it lights up steadily. Can you help with coding. Thank you thanks everyone.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hello
My car Golf 7 2012 Higline Stop tail change (Oem Orginal Facelift 7.5 change.) ( BCM 3 Cable connected. OK ) everything is fine but, There is a problem when you turn off the car , You will see the problem in the video. when the vehicle is turned off it slips 2 times, then it lights up steadily. Can you help with coding. Thank you thanks everyone.
By any chance is one of the values in your coding "Klemme 15 ..."? You can try "Klemme30G" or "Versorgungsbedarf der LCM Module" instead.

rager007

Car(s)
Golf 7
[QUOTE = "ZERO815, gönderi: 7527386, üye: 134255"]
Şans eseri kodlamanızdaki değerlerden biri "Klemme 15 ..."? Bunun yerine "Klemme30G" veya "Versorgungsbedarf der LCM Modülü" deneyebilirsiniz.
[/ALINTI]
Thank you so much I will try and let you know

Black_MagicMK75R

Car(s)
R
Coding.
It sounds like a doubled "blinken links" (flash left) and a missing "blinken rechts" (flash right) in your code.

Reference: happened to me lol. Caught my mistake when I went through my changes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Tried coding my NA 7.5 tail lights and I think I missed something along these lines. The right rear signal stopped working when I signal right but works only when I signal left or turn on my hazards. Can anyone tell me where I messed up the coding?