GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear suspension parts

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Ohlins does not warn against OEM top mounts and they probably don't include top mounts because of the wide variety of situations and to keep costs down. With top hats these coils would be over $3000.

The instructions are not great, I learned this mostly by trial and error, which is why I'm passing this all to you.

instructions are not great, and the product is $3K. Nice

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I paid $2700, could have gotten $2400 but was unwilling to wait 6 month for stock to return.

yeah... EQTs coils are considered on the expensive side at like $1500 lol, and you’re talking 1.6-1.7X the price of those. I do understand that when buying the best of the best, the delta in price is not equivalent to the delta in performance.That premium goes to R&D, QA, and Customer Service. But things like bad instructions just rub me the wrong way lol.

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
I paid $2700, could have gotten $2400 but was unwilling to wait 6 month for stock to return.
I paid $ 2790. I don’t mind paying for quality. I’ll see if I can secure some Vorhslag plates later in the week. I’m also going to see if I can contact Ohlins customer support about those spacers you posted.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
yeah... EQTs coils are considered on the expensive side at like $1500 lol, and you’re talking 1.6-1.7X the price of those. I do understand that when buying the best of the best, the delta in price is not equivalent to the delta in performance.That premium goes to R&D, QA, and Customer Service. But things like bad instructions just rub me the wrong way lol.
There is a considerable difference in shock performance at that price point, with the DFV valve and inverted design. You can't get those features with any cheaper shock.

That's worth the price difference.

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
There is a considerable difference in shock performance at that price point, with the DFV valve and inverted design. You can't get those features with any cheaper shock.

That's worth the price difference.

Totally agree. I figured that you’re buying into a lot more R&D for the incremental cost. I plan to keep this car for a while, so I rather purchase things one time. I already made the mistake of going with springs to start, and not waiting to purchase coilovers. Again lesson learned... the hard way.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Here are the instructions.

IMG_3767.JPEG

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have Vorshlag plates on my Ohlins. Just did an alignment and went to the increased caster position and got the +1 degree advertised. Ohlins do a good job in a dual duty car due to the DFV design.

Ground Control and Vorshlag are you only real options.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I've had vorshlag for about 50k. Have installed and reinstalled several times. Rock-solid, no noise. Great customer service too.

Good selection of top spring perches to fit your build. It's worth a phone call to them to discuss the single bearing vs double bearing option. Also worth a call for install tips, especially on the top strut nut (use impact wrench only).