GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

add power folding mirrors to 2019 Golf R

FlintTownBrown

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I want to add power sideview mirrors to my 2019 golf R. I searched a couple forums and it appears i only need the housings...all electrical & switches, etc are already there? From what i've read, this appears to be the correct part by new part number 5G1857507DM9B9. There's an ebay seller with this ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ex...f-R32-Gti-Rabbit-5G1857507DM9B9-/202280807785

always leery of ebay stuff. ad says *VAG Genuine Parts* but i'm thinking this is the chinese stuff i've read about. Anyone familiar w/ this one?

i appreciate any insight. thanks!

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Get from e-acca will be the cheapest (although takes a little longer), parts should be the same just probably a newer revision, previous threads would still be helpful.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Get from e-acca will be the cheapest (although takes a little longer), parts should be the same just probably a newer revision, previous threads would still be helpful.
e-acca (y) That is where I got mine from.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I want to add power sideview mirrors to my 2019 golf R. I searched a couple forums and it appears i only need the housings...all electrical & switches, etc are already there? From what i've read, this appears to be the correct part by new part number 5G1857507DM9B9. There's an ebay seller with this ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ex...f-R32-Gti-Rabbit-5G1857507DM9B9-/202280807785

always leery of ebay stuff. ad says *VAG Genuine Parts* but i'm thinking this is the chinese stuff i've read about. Anyone familiar w/ this one?

i appreciate any insight. thanks!
Thats the correct #(y)the other # VAG 5G1857508FH9B9 from e-acca, suggest ordering extra door card clips VAG 7L6868243. You need a different switch to manually fold them #VAG 5G0959565AGICX then code them with OBDEleven or VCDS I used this DIY was pretty easy to install.

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
They could be China VW OEM. Though if you absolutely want OEM, e-acca or cars245.com will normally have the cheapest prices. Shipping normally takes about a month once they receive the parts themselves - which is normally within a week or two if you select Fedex at checkout. You'll get an email from Anna or Natlja updating the price with shipping a day or so later, it's normally 20ish bucks unless you're ordering something big/heavy/cumbersome. If swapping to dynamic turn signals I'd suggest doing it while they're off the car.

Depending on your R trim you may just need the mirror housings themselves and the folding mirror trim mirror switch. I went with these as I was looking more at cost over OEM, no issues so far. Though with my trim I also had to upgrade the door controllers as I had low line controllers with no memory function and no controllers for the mirrors.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843343512.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4ddGM6Aj
Turn signals: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32877964009.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4ddGM6Aj I went with these as they return the clear plastic for mirror side flash.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Go with e-acca. You must be sure to get the ones with DAP, it comes in 2 flavors, so I would not go off ebay, just asking for issues.
2 years ago e-acca, it was only 163.00 per mirror when I bought them (I'm sure they have gone up but its factory VW parts).

This is a link to my install

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Go with e-acca. You must be sure to get the ones with DAP, it comes in 2 flavors, so I would not go off ebay, just asking for issues.
2 years ago e-acca, it was only 163.00 per mirror when I bought them (I'm sure they have gone up but its factory VW parts).

I got them this year in March from e-acca $143 US each $28 for the switch $341total.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

Good job on your DIY install (y)😊

GolfR-BA

Passed Driver's Ed
Lots of good info here, thanks to all who posted.
Can someone confirm if the power folding mirrors impact the mirror dip? My 2019 R has the mirror dip but no return issue. I thought I read somewhere the power folding mirrors also allow the both the dip and return? If not, I have the info on the control module...

TIA for any info.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Lots of good info here, thanks to all who posted.
Can someone confirm if the power folding mirrors impact the mirror dip? My 2019 R has the mirror dip but no return issue. I thought I read somewhere the power folding mirrors also allow the both the dip and return? If not, I have the info on the control module...

TIA for any info.
No it doesn't impact them and I didn't have to change the coding , they dip and return like the old ones.
I still have to manually adjust after every 10 dips or so due to there is no memory but no big deal.

Cheers (y)

FlintTownBrown

Car(s)
2019 Golf R

awesome DIY vid. thank you for the link and all the info.

FlintTownBrown

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ebay Seller oe245 is actually a very reliable and fast seller, who sells only real genuine parts. I had very good experience with them.
that's good to know. thank you!

FlintTownBrown

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They could be China VW OEM. Though if you absolutely want OEM, e-acca or cars245.com will normally have the cheapest prices. Shipping normally takes about a month once they receive the parts themselves - which is normally within a week or two if you select Fedex at checkout. You'll get an email from Anna or Natlja updating the price with shipping a day or so later, it's normally 20ish bucks unless you're ordering something big/heavy/cumbersome. If swapping to dynamic turn signals I'd suggest doing it while they're off the car.

Depending on your R trim you may just need the mirror housings themselves and the folding mirror trim mirror switch. I went with these as I was looking more at cost over OEM, no issues so far. Though with my trim I also had to upgrade the door controllers as I had low line controllers with no memory function and no controllers for the mirrors.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843343512.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4ddGM6Aj
Turn signals: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32877964009.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4ddGM6Aj I went with these as they return the clear plastic for mirror side flash.
thank you for the info, and for the link to the dynamic blinker. i'm wondering what the clear version looks like, on the car, compared to the smoke black?