GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Here are a few pictures to show how they fit on a 19 GTI
IMG_20200916_184031.jpg
IMG_20200916_184047.jpg
IMG_20200916_184110.jpg
IMG_20200916_184124.jpg
IMG_20200916_184159.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Other than noise reduction, what's the benefit?

Last edited:

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Grab the full length front undertray and exhaust tunnel shield while you're at it. They make an even larger difference than the rear arm covers do

I have the full front under tray/shield with air inlet. Can you buy an exhaust tunnel shield for a Golf R?

Markled

Ordered from 1stvwparts, $5.34 each. Arrived the next day, but I’m only 45 minutes away from them. Out of state shipping is another matter. I’m led to believe any VW dealer can order these already.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I was investigating the torsion beam Golfs, and found that there's an G8 axle cover available as well: not sure if it fits:
5WA501715A

That's the Golf version of the Polo cover....

Torsion beam has "rough road covers" for the beam itself. The MK7 Golf & many other models had tow covers, one for the left "arm/spring seat" & one for the right arm/spring seat.

Part numbers 17 here:-
https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/5/511-511000/#17

The photo you have posted in a cover for the central section of the torsion beam, which fits between the other two covers. Now the big question is will the MK8 central cover, fit the MK7 beam & fit to the MK7 side covers????..No idea..might do!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
big question is will the MK8 central cover, fit the MK7 beam & fit to the MK7 side covers????..No idea..might do!

I'll order and test. It doesn't look like it's an expensive part, and to be honest... This stuff is addicting, like completing a puzzle.
My brother got hooked on the topics too :cool:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'll order and test. It doesn't look like it's an expensive part, and to be honest... This stuff is addicting, like completing a puzzle.
My brother got hooked on the topics too :cool:

Its a bit like:- "I'll make this car as you could have made it using your own parts..& it'll be way better so up yours VAG:p"....:ROFLMAO: