GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated seats are weak...

bicycle019

Passed Driver's Ed
I've owned VW/Audi/Porsches for decades and on all of them the heated seats worked quickly and were really hot, especially on full blast. The seats in my 19 R take a long time to get warm and never really get hot, even on full blast.

Is this normal for them or something I need to have the dealer look into?

Same observation here. Yes they work, but having owned a bunch of VAG products over the years with heated seats, the heated seats in both my GTI and my wife's Alltrack are a step back from our previous cars (Mk4, Mk6) in both time to warm and total output.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I'll let you know what the dealer says, but I fully expect them to tell me that they're working fine. I may play with the temperature thresholds with OBD11 if they say they're fine

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I'll let you know what the dealer says, but I fully expect them to tell me that they're working fine. I may play with the temperature thresholds with OBD11 if they say they're fine

it’s possible, with decontenting, they’ve switched to a cheaper supplier/design for their seat warmers and the new cars have reduced output via VCDS to protect longevity? lol purely speculation. What model year is your Car

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
"Ass too fat"
"Maybe you're a dick"

#whynotboth

multi quote has been messed up for me lately.

Mud

on topic 2017 cloth seats get toasty in CT. I don't use them often but they (and even more so heat) is good in mine. I tend to get heat out of car within one-two minutes

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
My heated seats in my 2018 GTI (alcantera interior) are super quick and hot. So much so, that when I put them on, I never have them at the high setting, but always put them in the mid setting and then usually have to turn them down or off after a few minutes as my ass roasts.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
it’s possible, with decontenting, they’ve switched to a cheaper supplier/design for their seat warmers and the new cars have reduced output via VCDS to protect longevity? lol purely speculation. What model year is your Car

I have a 2019 Golf R

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Unless it is 2 degrees out the first level is plenty warm enough for me but I have cloth seats. I'm guessing they warm up a lot faster.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
One thing I'm really going to miss about my GTI. Heated seats were awesome. The heat was so ridiculous it would completely loosen up my sore ass/back after a rough workout.

I sometimes used them even on days that weren't that cold for this reason! Kicked into shit that is hot territory pretty quick too.