GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom tuning for the 1.8 from EQT now available

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If only it was Cobb, that's down the street. Would have gladly left my car there.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I live... pretty close to EQT...
If only it was Cobb, that's down the street. Would have gladly left my car there.

Unfortunately they need a ROM dump from an untuned ecu. Both you are out unless you flashed back to stock before dropping it off.

It IS a bench read, and I DON'T need my car.

If I could ship the ecu with enough insurance to cover a full ecu replacement if something went wrong, I would.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Not entirely certain how to check tbh.

I'm currently APR tuned, but seeing as it was EQT that tuned me in the first place, I'd imagine they wouldn't have any trouble bringing me back to stock if that truly is a requirement.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I believe Torque Pro app even shows the ID as well. Definitely does on my other cars, haven't confirmed with this one 100%, In the OBD adapter details section.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
FYI I saw another guy post about it, but I confirmed in the software as well, looks like ecutek now does support this officially

1602380471974.png

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Am I correct that they still don't have support for standard 1.8 fwd I have an A3
Looks like that's a negative. Best thing is to pull your calibration ID to confirm. Looks like they are actively adding 1.8 support.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn’t say they are actively adding support, but are certainly willing to help if you provide them with what they need. If you are interested in putting in a little work to support your calibration ID, here’s what @joedubs and I did:

1. Use OBD/VCDS/whatever scan method to find your software ID
2. Get on FB and message “Chip tuning tools outlet”, ask if they have the stock ECU file for your software ID. They sent ours free of charge no questions asked
3. Take the file they send you and perform a ROM dump via the form on EcuTek’s website. Try to get in touch with Lucan Hetherington (EcuTek software engineer) via email to help you out.

In Europe there are many 1.8T FWD models, I’m sort of surprised your cal ID isn’t supported?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Fantastic. I’m several years out from turbo upgrade, so I’m excited to see what comes of the 1.8 custom tuning scene in the meantime. I’m hoping we see more 400+ GSW 4Motion/Alltrack builds now that this is a thing.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Looks like that's a negative. Best thing is to pull your calibration ID to confirm. Looks like they are actively adding 1.8 support.

I have A3 1.8T fwd too, here are VIN number.

Attachments

• Audi A3 vin & ecu #.png
    Audi A3 vin & ecu #.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 99

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
EQT is a small drive for me, but I'd be tempted. Completely stock ECU 1.8T. I was leaning toward UM because they offer "big turbo" and fueling options, but this has my interest.
FYI I saw another guy post about it, but I confirmed in the software as well, looks like ecutek now does support this officially

View attachment 188418
Am I reading this right to believe I should be supported? Not entirely sure what info you need, but here's the autoscan for Address 01:
Address 01: Engine (J623-CXBB) Labels:. 06K-907-425-V1.clb
Part No SW: 8V0 906 264 K HW: 06K 907 425 B
Component: 1.8l R4 TFSI H13 0003
Revision: --H13---
Coding: 091A00122424002F0000
Shop #: WSC 00066 790 00202
ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM18TFS0208V0906264K 001004
ROD: EV_ECM18TFS0208V0906264K.rod
VCID: 4487587DCF0630A677-8010

I believe my PN is above the highlighted one, just not sure what the 0003 is, unless that's indicated under Component.