GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM 8" MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If it's my pic we're talking about, for reference, it was taken in a garage at about 3pm, east-facing door (open), no flash. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but I was hesitant to go with the glass screen since the matching bezel is not available. However, once it's in the car, it almost looks like it belongs there, even to my OCD ass. That said, I'm looking for vinyl to match the honeycomb trim (has to be custom made) or possibly doing a CF wrap on everything, just so it looks seamless. I doubt anyone will notice (or even care), but that's just me.

I also have a Sport model. What does the "APP" button do? It's in the place of the Mute button on the stock faceplate.

Bilkes

Car(s)
MK7 Golf
Hi Guys,

I have available 2 types of display 8 ", with and without nav. As an option with or without frame.

To facilitate the purchase I created an Ebay link with each specification:

NAV 8" Display + Frame Gloss Black: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2544681853...bgHl5ub0S1rhb2oW6SekVbMnKCo6PwKeRaPS5yfyQZBEw

NAV 8" Display: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2544204485...TmV9KV1UrOLbI9c3zTGYjsH2F7Hwtmij0K5hvnjDTNyfI

NON NAV 8" Display + Frame Golss Black: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2544681846...ol_62kGIBCGwRxG61mMSdozD5rW0vfMFRAAmTL4G1-568

NON NAV 8" Display: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2544439412...sCKIfAy6PHogsQ_rf6UuDoWNkYOXESx6KAxip-shDTp_w

Shipping to the USA takes about 3 business days. This display is an excellent retrofit for your Golf.

I’d really like to get one of these in my 2017 Golf S. How do I know if I need a NAV or non-NAV version?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I also have a Sport model. What does the "APP" button do? It's in the place of the Mute button on the stock faceplate.
Depends on the part # of your brain. If it ends with an "A" or "B", then the App button will launch App-connect.

If the part # does not have an "A" or "B" at the end then the App button will do nothing. You can still launch App Connect via the menu.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I’d really like to get one of these in my 2017 Golf S. How do I know if I need a NAV or non-NAV version?
if your car has navigation, buy the Nav model.

if your car doess not have navigation, buy the non-nav model.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Another happy customer from Hawai ! 🌊 🌊 🌊 🏄‍♀️
Aloha my friend !
Thank you Dru Saunders!

Capturar.PNG

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Usually Golf S doesn't have MIB2. The brain for most Golf S is attached to the radio (just behind the display).
To make sure your car has MIB2 you can press menu button and hold on for 3 seconds, the part number of the MIB will appear in the screen, then you can see if your car has MIB2
this 8" Glass display only works with MIB2

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
If it's my pic we're talking about, for reference, it was taken in a garage at about 3pm, east-facing door (open), no flash. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but I was hesitant to go with the glass screen since the matching bezel is not available. However, once it's in the car, it almost looks like it belongs there, even to my OCD ass. That said, I'm looking for vinyl to match the honeycomb trim (has to be custom made) or possibly doing a CF wrap on everything, just so it looks seamless. I doubt anyone will notice (or even care), but that's just me.
Yes I was talking about your car and to me looks beautiful, the car looks modern and I also doubt anyone will notice!
we have tried to customized honeycomb by doing a CF wrap, but it didn't look good. this honeycomb pattern is difficult to get is done perfectly and as I said, the Gloss black finish gives the impression the screen is even bigger
to me , it looks perfect !

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Do you have any of the non-nav 8” matte screen units?
Hello my friend , sorry , I don't have matte screen, but you can put the 8" glass display which is much better in resolution, design, functions and so on

Matthewstage

Hello mr @MauricioGTI i bought a 5na035020d mib2.5 from a tcr
Do you know if this mib2.5 will fit with 5g6919605 of 8”?
Im actually stucked in my retrofit because the screen i bought was flooded...
I was intended to try the mib2.5 with my 5,8” of 2013 just to know if any image displays( i know it wont look nice because of configuration but just to test if its works...)
The mib2.5 is configurated with optical circuit but i havent that circuit and neither the connector so the vagcom detect open optic circuit....do you know if i have to loop it or preconfig before install it in order to make it work!?
The unit shows light from the optical and looks like it get warm but nothing shows up...
Sorry for my awful english....i hope anyone can help me!
Attached the error codes i got on vagcom
92F44EE8-4E67-437F-A470-8BAAA0B1C490.jpeg

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hello mr @MauricioGTI i bought a 5na035020d mib2.5 from a tcr
Do you know if this mib2.5 will fit with 5g6919605 of 8”?
Im actually stucked in my retrofit because the screen i bought was flooded...
I was intended to try the mib2.5 with my 5,8” of 2013 just to know if any image displays( i know it wont look nice because of configuration but just to test if its works...)
The mib2.5 is configurated with optical circuit but i havent that circuit and neither the connector so the vagcom detect open optic circuit....do you know if i have to loop it or preconfig before install it in order to make it work!?
The unit shows light from the optical and looks like it get warm but nothing shows up...
Sorry for my awful english....i hope anyone can help me!
Attached the error codes i got on vagcom
View attachment 188914
hello my freind, I dont understand much about technical issues, I think the best is to ask for a local VW dealer