GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
"It is the desire to play with 10 cylinders"

So Hank wants to buy an IROZ R8 boys. Help him cash out!

At this point, IROZ would sorta be wasting time building hybrid level or 800+ hp capable OTS turbo kits for this platform. You can get 600hp from bolt on hybrids, which is a happy spot for a built motor car. Beyond that, PAG Parts and a few others will do you custom G30-35 kits not far off of IROZ's price.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
"It is the desire to play with 10 cylinders"

So Hank wants to buy an IROZ R8 boys. Help him cash out!

At this point, IROZ would sorta be wasting time building hybrid level or 800+ hp capable OTS turbo kits for this platform. You can get 600hp from bolt on hybrids, which is a happy spot for a built motor car. Beyond that, PAG Parts and a few others will do you custom G30-35 kits not far off of IROZ's price.

Yep, exactly. Once I saw him say 10 cylinders, I immediately thought of the R8. That crowd is limited and I don't see a lot of those guys wanting to throw on a big turbo kit. I don't think it's a smart move discontinuing the support to the VW community and 5 cylinder Audi folks.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Yep, exactly. Once I saw him say 10 cylinders, I immediately thought of the R8. That crowd is limited and I don't see a lot of those guys wanting to throw on a big turbo kit. I don't think it's a smart move discontinuing the support to the VW community and 5 cylinder Audi folks.
I don't see them stopping 2.5T support at any point. That put them on the map and unless new 5 cylinder models stop, that will probably continue to be their volume product.

EA888 stuff on the other hand, probably 5% of the business that 5 cylinder kits see and there are too many hybrid companies to sort through already. His level of product needs a $60k+ starter car, not a $30k one.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I don't see them stopping 2.5T support at any point. That put them on the map and unless new 5 cylinder models stop, that will probably continue to be their volume product.

EA888 stuff on the other hand, probably 5% of the business that 5 cylinder kits see and there are too many hybrid companies to sort through already. His level of product needs a $60k+ starter car, not a $30k one.

Yup. I just don't think there are enough people buying their GTI/R kits for them to justify it. It's also difficult to justify a 5k+ turbo kit for a car worth 25k.

What I don't know is why they’re getting involved in the 10cyl game with companies like Sheepey Race and Underground Racing. I feel like they would do better just keeping their heads down with the 2.5 builds.

Martin398

Ready to race!
with no intent of any E85 fueling...
looking for opinions on whether to upgrade to an IS38 or an IS20 hybrid (EQT standard housing or TPC20). I will be tuning with an Accessport so I'll be taking advantage of a custom tune.
I know the EQT and/or TPC have more potential for power but I have no intent on ever using any fueling other than pump 93. I'm not opposed to fueling upgrades (HPFP) down the road.
Is the ~$1000 difference between an IS38 and the hybrid IS20 options worth while on pump gas?
Not chasing horsepower numbers, just want more than my Stage 2 IS20.
Much appreciated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
with no intent of any E85 fueling...
looking for opinions on whether to upgrade to an IS38 or an IS20 hybrid (EQT standard housing or TPC20). I will be tuning with an Accessport so I'll be taking advantage of a custom tune.
I know the EQT and/or TPC have more potential for power but I have no intent on ever using any fueling other than pump 93. I'm not opposed to fueling upgrades (HPFP) down the road.
Is the ~$1000 difference between an IS38 and the hybrid IS20 options worth while on pump gas?
Not chasing horsepower numbers, just want more than my Stage 2 IS20.
Much appreciated.

I can tell you that mine made 335 HP with the IS20 on 93 and 415 HP with the TPC20 on 93 with the same bolt ons. When I had the OEM IS38 mine made 363 HP.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^Looking at that turbo myself, or the EQT.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^That's the turbo I am looking at.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
It looks real nice! Still on preorder though, wonder when it will be released?
I'd like to see Ed try to come out w/a BB offering.

It does, and I have a couple buddies running Littco non-BB, that are having great results. Me being me, I want a BB version. This will be mine whenever released lol.