GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a Tuner

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Hello Friends,

I'm searching for someone with experience tuning on this platform to achieve "conservative" power with a DBV2 TBB Turbo. Car is a 6MT Mk7 Golf R. My install is scheduled for Nov 2 and I'd like to find someone before then. Shooting for ~29psi ~425-440 whp. I'm located in MD. Someone local would be great, but not a requirement.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Local isnt important.

You'll get a far better tune from a remote tuner that is intimately familiar with the platform than a local with minimal MQB experience.

+1 for EQT

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Like others have mentioned, COBB AP with a protune from EQT. The fastest way to have your car tuned would be on the dyno. I've had it done, along with a few others on here, from Ed (EQT). Also, I hope you have upgraded your clutch, IC, DP, fuel pumps, etc...

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Like others have mentioned, COBB AP with a protune from EQT. The fastest way to have your car tuned would be on the dyno. I've had it done, along with a few others on here, from Ed (EQT). Also, I hope you have upgraded your clutch, IC, DP, fuel pumps, etc...
Yep, I've been piecing together parts. Clutch, DP, IC, LPFP, MPI kit from Precision. Still trying to figure out what other ancillary parts I need. I suppose I need a MAP sensor? Also heard something about some kind of fuel actuator that sits between the LPFP and the HPFP?

How long have you been running that DBV2 setup with the EQT Tune?

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
You'll want 5 Bar MAP and 4 Bar PUT sensor if you plan to go over 29psi, if not, the stock 3 Bar sensors are fine.
Thank you. Just found another thread discussing Ed's preference for both, especially when close to sea level (which I am). Hell I'm already this deep, might as well add that sucker to the list.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yep, I've been piecing together parts. Clutch, DP, IC, LPFP, MPI kit from Precision. Still trying to figure out what other ancillary parts I need. I suppose I need a MAP sensor? Also heard something about some kind of fuel actuator that sits between the LPFP and the HPFP?

How long have you been running that DBV2 setup with the EQT Tune?

Close to 1.5 years. As Diggs suggested, you'll want both MAP sensors. Also, reach out to 2slowvw so you can get the connector that he makes for the AEM 5 bar to the APR boost tap. Do you have a Torqbyte PM4?

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Close to 1.5 years. As Diggs suggested, you'll want both MAP sensors. Also, reach out to 2slowvw so you can get the connector that he makes for the AEM 5 bar to the APR boost tap. Do you have a Torqbyte PM4?
Pump Controller... that's the piece I was missing. No I do not. Assuming I'll want to that to ensure smooth an consistent fuel delivery?