GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
What brand of cover did you buy? Looks like it fits well. They are doing construction in the lot next to mine and my car gets covered in dust daily. We have an outdoor garage/car-port here in the city. Very jealous of all your space.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, tpellger. This is an indoor cover by carcovers.com. I have their outdoor cover for my WRX I had been using since April (stay at home) and it has worked out real well. I run their gust guard/strap which keeps the cover in place even through some really high winds.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thanks, tpellger. This is an indoor cover by carcovers.com. I have their outdoor cover for my WRX I had been using since April (stay at home) and it has worked out real well. I run their gust guard/strap which keeps the cover in place even through some really high winds.
Awesome! Thx.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
2 more days till I pull out my Golf-R since 45 days ago. Excited, yes. She is the last of the 3 cars I am hibernating this winter after I empty her tank and fill with fresh gas + Stabil.

Then it is all WRX through winter.. then I need to do oil changes on my Forester, 2 generators, one snow thrower next month.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Finally got a chance to drive my Golf-R. Felt real good, perfect GT car for me. Could use a little more power, but I don’t feel like swapping out the clutch so will keep the car as is until the day I swap the entire car for probably a 718 Cayman or TT-RS.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Another awesome drive today in my Golf-R. Two more rounds next weekend and she is going to be hibernating till spring. Cleaned her up real nice after the drive.

Then took my FiestaST for a drive to charge the battery. Holy crapoly a bouncy rattle-can ride it is and so cramped. It was fun too, but so much drama a tad fatiguing..

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Finished off the summer driving season over the weekend with just under 7400miles on my Golf-R. I love the car. Refueled with Stabil360, cleaned her up inside and out, pressured up the tires and placed on Flatstoppers. Battery plugged in as usual and suspended insurance.

Starting this weekend I am going to be driving what was my daily driver as my 'winter fun car'.. my WRX Limited.

Not taking anything for granted, 2020 has been a weird time, but a very productive year for my cars and house. Currently deciding whether to get 2 more MAX360c since Valentine has been basically helpless with their upgrade program for months.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Currently deciding whether to get 2 more MAX360c since Valentine has been basically helpless with their upgrade program for months.

Are you trying to get a software update, or upgrade to the "new" V1? I want to do one or the other since my V1 is pretty old, but nonetheless still sniffs out radar.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I have 2 units from 2015? 2016? so wanted to do the trade-in for the upgrade.
But looking at their site from 2-3 months ago, they are way behind on these trade/upgrade program and now they are out of the chip they need to make the replacements.

Also considering how well the MAX360c works (very little errors) there is really no reason for me to go ValentineOne any more. I've done 3 firmware updates on the MAX360c since taking ownership in May through WiFi (mainly red light camera location updates).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah I have 2 units from 2015? 2016? so wanted to do the trade-in for the upgrade.
But looking at their site from 2-3 months ago, they are way behind on these trade/upgrade program and now they are out of the chip they need to make the replacements.

Also considering how well the MAX360c works (very little errors) there is really no reason for me to go ValentineOne any more. I've done 3 firmware updates on the MAX360c since taking ownership in May through WiFi (mainly red light camera location updates).

Who makes the MAX360c?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I put away my Golf-R for the season last weekend so until Spring my posts are all OT.. I still have a strip of black vinyl so I might do the bottom of the doors later on.

I washed my WRX's car cover the other day and took my car out for a spin yesterday. Will be heading out in a little while again. It's no Golf-R or STI, but it's MT and entertaining enough for winter fun driving.

Since so close to early BlackFriday deals, I decided to wait a few weeks to buy the MAX360c and pulled my old V1 from my STI to use in the WRX. Temporary suction cups are not my way to mount because it leaves circle residue on the glass, but considering the car is parked outdoors it really doesn't matter whether the interior glass is super clean or not because the exterior side is dirty anyway.. plus I don't want to leave it in the car while parked outdoors even though I live in a safe neighborhood.

I did the oil change on my whole house generator yesterday and while my tools were out, did my other car as well. Still need to do the portable generator and snow thrower before all said and done. Might work on it today as I want to get rid of all the bottles of old oil I accumulated over the pandemic.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I checked Amazon this morning and was glad to see the price went back up to $649. Made me feel like I achieved something.. I should be getting my unit tomorrow, just in time for Sunday's drive in my WRX.

I took the WRX out on the expressway yesterday to run an errand across town and the car felt good. So comfy compared to my FiestaST I've been driving the last 11 months getting my brain rattled around. Doesn't help I'm not a smart guy so must have a lot of gap between my brain and skull..