MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Still getting this error after coding Leuchte27NSL back to stock. :(

B145B15 - Rear side marker lamp bulb Open circuit/short circuit to B+
Intermittent
@ZERO815 Do you think this is related to a mistake in coding or something else?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Please share your Leuchte27 coding

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Please share your Leuchte27 coding
No fault in OBD11 today, but I did have faults cleared via Accessport yesterday. 2018 GTI with stock LED taillights, I think Lasttyp 27 may have been incorrectly set to "43 - allgemeine LED"

41 - LED Kleinleistung
Standlicht allgemein (Schusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
nicht aktiv
always
nicht aktiv
nicht aktiv
maximize
nicht aktiv
nicht aktiv
maximize
nicht aktiv
nicht aktiv
maximize

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
43 might have caused that. To my knowledge 41 is the correct Lasttyp 27 for NA MK7.5.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Can anyone speak to how much darker the tint is between these and OEM 7.5 NA LED tails? I tried for a long time to find a picture but never can seem to locate a side by side in good lighting.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Can anyone speak to how much darker the tint is between these and OEM 7.5 NA LED tails? I tried for a long time to find a picture but never can seem to locate a side by side in good lighting.
Slightly darker, more cherry red.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
So after reading through some 200 pages of this thread and still not finding the coding answer I need, I suppose I will ask.

I have the AKD aliexpress tail lights - actually fitting pretty wall after I got some help with the install in another thread.

The dynamic turn signals (amber) are not functioning. Does anyone have the coding for just the turn signals? everything else seems to be functioning properly.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
So after reading through some 200 pages of this thread and still not finding the coding answer I need, I suppose I will ask.

I have the AKD aliexpress tail lights - actually fitting pretty wall after I got some help with the install in another thread.

The dynamic turn signals (amber) are not functioning. Does anyone have the coding for just the turn signals? everything else seems to be functioning properly.
Do you have the harness for dynamic turn signals? I thought it required hardware and coding.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
The lights came with a harness (needed in order to adapt to the LED plugs), and everything is hooked up - I just didnt fish the little yellow wire through the trim yet because i wanted to get everything working before going through that effort.

Sadly these lights have no instructions and the seller isnt very helpful.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Zero posted this a few pages back. Might be helpful? I've got a GSW which doesn't have Dynamic 7.5 LED tails, so i'm not much help. We get a solid amber blinker.
ROW MK7.5 w/ factory fitted dynamic tails use light channel Leuchte27 to power the sweeping.

Depending on the harness you've used a different light channel is used for the sweeping. Check your coding for: LichtfunktionA16, 17, 20, 21, 27, or 28 = "Klemme15...", "Klemme30...". Replace that with the following value of light channel Leuchte27.

(1)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 2736 - LED Kleinleistung
(2)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lampendefektbitposition 2700
(3)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2700
(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(5)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27nicht aktiv
(6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27127
(7)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 27always
(8)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27nicht aktiv
(9)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion D 27nicht aktiv
(10)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 270
(11)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction CD 27maximize
(12)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion E 27nicht aktiv
(13)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion F 27nicht aktiv
(14)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert EF 270
(15)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction EF 27maximize
(16)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion G 27nicht aktiv
(17)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion H 27nicht aktiv
(18)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert GH 270
(19)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction GH 27maximize

You can enable the sweep for turn signals, hazards and locking in 6 parameters individually (Active = sweep, not active = no sweep). If you search for "Außenlicht" on VCDS or OBDeleven please notice the letter "ß" is a special German letter that equals "ss" and not B.

GermanEnglishValue
Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_linksturn signal leftactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_rechtsturn signal rightactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUShazards ignition offactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EINhazards ignition onactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_aufunlockingactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_zulockingactive

On earlier MK7s - until some time mid MY17s - the sweep enabling is slightly different (on very rare MK7s it doesn"t work):

GermanEnglishValue
Dyn. turn signal modes-Richtungs_blinken_linksturn signal leftactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-Richtungs_blinken_rechtsturn signal rightactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUShazards ignition offactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EINhazards ignition onactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_aufunlockingactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_zulockingactive

What is the difference between MK7s and MK7.5s? The MK7.5 (and probably late MY17 MK7s too) has one additional parameter:

GermanEnglishValue
Außenlicht_Blinker-Dynamische_Blink_Delayturn signal dynamic blink delay50 ms

With this "delay_parameter" the first blink during unlocking sweeps because it is delayed. On earlier MK7s the first blink is solid. I've tried many parameters on my own NA '17 GTI (Aug'16 built date) and with LichtfunktionA27 = "Versorgungsbedarf der LCM Module" it sweeps all the time. On my car "Klemme30G" is solid on the first unlocking blink. My assumption is that "Klemme30G" (switched battery) takes time to be turned on by the BCM while the first unlocking blink happens earlier.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Tried to change the value on 27 to what he posted, while it didnt break anything it also didnt enable the amber LED signals.

Earlier today i tried to code everything the the BEC coding instructions and turn signals and brake lights stopped functioning entirely - luckily I was able to revert everything and I get the lights behaving like they did with no coding.