GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone have the Gti mk7 tcr optional original Vw “ akrapovic “ rear muffler parts nos? Any one install before ?

It's a full system not just a back box. So its very expensive. Cheaper to just buy an Akra back box from Akra. 5G6253181LP is the part number.

npx629

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Stage 2
Bought my TCR muffler through oemvwshop.com - while the shipping ended up being more expensive than I would have liked, it was about on cost with DAP and only took 20 days to get to the USA since they actually have the mufflers in stock. Great customer service, a very nice man in Slovakia named Thomas actually answered the phone when I called!

Anyway, I've paired it with my 034 catted downpipe on my stage 2 2019 and uh...it sounds insane. Like, ludicrous. Not sure I'll keep it simply because it might be too loud but my GOD does it sound good, and the crackles are exceptional. If I decide to sell it i'll post it here, i'm in the bay area.

Hockeyman11385

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Bought my TCR muffler through oemvwshop.com - while the shipping ended up being more expensive than I would have liked, it was about on cost with DAP and only took 20 days to get to the USA since they actually have the mufflers in stock. Great customer service, a very nice man in Slovakia named Thomas actually answered the phone when I called!

Anyway, I've paired it with my 034 catted downpipe on my stage 2 2019 and uh...it sounds insane. Like, ludicrous. Not sure I'll keep it simply because it might be too loud but my GOD does it sound good, and the crackles are exceptional. If I decide to sell it i'll post it here, i'm in the bay area.

Very interesting. Can you post a video to give us an idea?

npx629

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Stage 2
Okay boys and girls, here's a quick exhaust clip. This is about half throttle with upshift around ~5000.

https://youtu.be/eDrhoBdgJBo

Still trying to decide if it's too much. But god it sounds good.

Car info:
2019 VW GTI SE DSG w/ Experience Pack (~9300 miles)
Roc-Euro open intake
034 Catted Downpipe
034 Dynamic+ Stage 2 ECU Tune
034 Dynamic+ DQ381 Beta TCU Tune
Stock Resonator
VW TCR Exhaust
034 Rear Sway Bar + End Links
Sparco Assetto Gara 18"
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tyres (235-40R18)

Last edited:

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Okay boys and girls, here's a quick exhaust clip. This is about half throttle with upshift around ~5000.

https://youtu.be/eDrhoBdgJBo

Still trying to decide if it's too much. But god it sounds good.

Car info:
2019 VW GTI SE DSG w/ Experience Pack (~9300 miles)
Roc-Euro open intake
034 Catted Downpipe
034 Dynamic+ Stage 2 ECU Tune
034 Dynamic+ DQ381 Beta TCU Tune
Stock Resonator
VW TCR Exhaust
034 Rear Sway Bar + End Links
Sparco Assetto Gara 18"
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tyres (235-40R18)

It sounds a bit loud to me but I am old. I think the stock exhaust needs "enhancing" but not to the point of being an annoyance to other people.

npx629

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Stage 2
It sounds a bit loud to me but I am old. I think the stock exhaust needs "enhancing" but not to the point of being an annoyance to other people.

Quite, I couldn’t stand the thought of annoying people in the neighborhood just tooling around. I probably will fit an upgraded resonator on it to make it less loud. That or just put on the old stock exhaust and take the noises from just the DP. I’m gonna give it one month or so.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Just a heads up. Looks like e-acca increased the price. It's now $298 USD.

Last edited:

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Quite, I couldn’t stand the thought of annoying people in the neighborhood just tooling around. I probably will fit an upgraded resonator on it to make it less loud. That or just put on the old stock exhaust and take the noises from just the DP. I’m gonna give it one month or so.
Now that you have had it for a while, how is it? I am looking to buy one for my Mk7.5 GTI, APR Stage 1. My exhaust is currently 100% OEM. I think with my OE catted downpipe the muffler would not be so loud. If you decide you want to sell it, let me know.

Last edited:

npx629

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Stage 2
Now that you have had it for a while, how is it? I am looking to buy one for my Mk7.5 GTI, APR Stage 1. My exhaust is currently 100% OEM. I think with my OE catted downpipe the muffler would be so loud. If you decide you want to sell it, let me know.

It probably would be loud. You’d essentially have the same setup as me. I’ll answer your question by saying that I took it off inpreparation for a ~1000 mile round trip drive, but mostly because I’d be driving in camp sites at night. The drone isn’t that bad, but it’s for sure there.
I’ll post if I decide to sell it.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Thanks for the reply. It was my understanding from talking with GTI Jake that the OE downpipe, OE cat really stifle the sound and that with the OE resonator they kill the drone. He suggested the TCR muffler if I was going to keep the stock downpipe, cat and resonator because it sounds better and less loud that doing a muffler delete. I saw your video that you posted in his exhaust thread. With the OE downpipe, cat and resonator, I should be more quiet than yours is because you have an 034 downpipe and cat. I hope he is right. I have faith in him.

npx629

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Stage 2
Thanks for the reply. It was my understanding from talking with GTI Jake that the OE downpipe, OE cat really stifle the sound and that with the OE resonator they kill the drone. He suggested the TCR muffler if I was going to keep the stock downpipe, cat and resonator because it sounds better and less loud that doing a muffler delete. I saw your video that you posted in his exhaust thread. With the OE downpipe, cat and resonator, I should be more quiet than yours is because you have an 034 downpipe and cat. I hope he is right. I have faith in him.

Wow, I am so fucking stupid. I saw "Catted downpipe" and totally missed "OE" - so with a stock downpipe you almost definitely would be fine with the TCR exhaust. You likely would have zero drone with the stock mid/down pipe and the TCR exhaust.

Sorry man, that's what I get for replying too quickly :D

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
No problem. I've done it myself a number of times. LOL

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
bumping this thread as there is a lot of 18'19 talk but no mention of 20's. I just got the car and havent crawled underneath to measure, but has anyone put it on a 2020 yet? Curious on what the verdict was about diameter of it, etc.