Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Actually HSJ comes after GTI

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Nah, I’m holding out for the e63 AMG wagon. :ROFLMAO:
There's an S too, don't set your sights too low. I'm holding out for a 456 Venice, with a manual. How very weird, I just realized that's sitting in front of the Trumper shop on Curzon on London, I've been in there countless times, but never saw that car, sadly.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Right, but tiny compared to a Q5 and the OP is looking to get more size, not the same, just taller and 800 pounds heavier.

Yeah makes sense. I honestly didn't look at the cargo size defaulting to the idea that it was bigger... didn't realize it was the same as the GTI. Knowing my sister loves hers and has a family (similar situation), I assumed when I shouldn't of assumed I guess. :(

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah makes sense. I honestly didn't look at the cargo size defaulting to the idea that it was bigger... didn't realize it was the same as the GTI. Knowing my sister loves hers and has a family (similar situation), I assumed when I shouldn't of assumed I guess. :(
Hey, we use our GTI more than our Q5. It's not a deal breaker, and I certainly preferred the Macan GTS to the SQ5, just didn't like the base model enough more than the Q5 to pay the premium and give up the trunk volume.

AK66

Passed Driver's Ed
3.0 TDI. I’ve looked at those in the past too. I’m thinking we’re going to go the upgraded SUV route for my wife. She has a fairly new small crossover now, so we’ll likely do a 3rd row and be done with it.
How about Explorer ST :)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Keep the GTI, buy a used Forester or Outback, profit.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
3.0 TDI. I’ve looked at those in the past too. I’m thinking we’re going to go the upgraded SUV route for my wife. She has a fairly new small crossover now, so we’ll likely do a 3rd row and be done with it.

Realistically, if you want to do any travel with the dog, this is the best choice.

Our standard travel load out is a carry on each, a medium sized cooler, and a large duffel bag with shoes, and miscellaneous odds and ends. That takes up most of the trunk in my wifes B9 A4. Dog sits between the kids, but she is a 14 pound border terrier. IDK how people are fitting a 60+ pound dog in the cargo area and having any reasonable amount of space left, unless they have some external storage option.