GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best race i've had in a long time...

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Was cruising at 85ish in the middle lane and saw a 70's Gen 2 Camaro coming up on me at 95ish. Meaty rear tires, very loud, etc. After he passed i got on his back bumper and followed him through traffic. We messed around a bit until we could get a brief stretch to race. He had a passenger and i was solo.

I could tell his car was fast so I brake boosted from 60mph and honked it off. Thankfully i hooked pretty well and pulled about 1/2 a car in 3rd, he had shorter gears and had to shift the 3-4 at about 85mph so he lost another half car at that point. He stayed right on my back bumper until we lifted at 120-130.

He spent some time staring at my car after that because no one expects to run into a random Golf that based on 60-130 time, traps in the 128-130 range. I have to wonder what engine was in it...sounded healthy, something LS based im sure. No FI noise, so either a very healthy N/A motor or on a small shot of spray. Given his car had to be a few hundred lbs heavier, plus passenger, plus manual, and he only fell back a car length, he was making good power.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
You think he was cruising on the highway with the bottle open? Seems unlikely IMO. But if he was that’s pretty badass... Did it have a big cowl like it had a big block in it?

Either way cool race and nice win.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You think he was cruising on the highway with the bottle open? Seems unlikely IMO. But if he was that’s pretty badass... Did it have a big cowl like it had a big block in it?

Either way cool race and nice win.

Lot of guys run remote openers, just flip the switch. No giant hood or anything abnormal besides some meaty rear tires, no visible exhaust, and LOUD lol

Either that or it was a solid N/A setup. They're out there but not that common anymore with power adders being far cheaper for the same output. I dont really know anyone building N/A cars now...the cost/speed ratio is out of whack, and to make N/A cars legitimately fast comes with a lot of sacrifices. It's a shame in a sense because N/A is really a thinking man's game, so I respect it.

I'll probably never know, but I can reach out to some locals in the off chance that someone knows the guy.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Lot of guys run remote openers, just flip the switch. No giant hood or anything abnormal besides some meaty rear tires, no visible exhaust, and LOUD lol

Either that or it was a solid N/A setup. They're out there but not that common anymore with power adders being far cheaper for the same output. I dont really know anyone building N/A cars now...the cost/speed ratio is out of whack, and to make N/A cars legitimately fast comes with a lot of sacrifices. It's a shame in a sense because N/A is really a thinking man's game, so I respect it.

I'll probably never know, but I can reach out to some locals in the off chance that someone knows the guy.

Kinda a unicorn these days, but in my mind theres nothing better than a well built NA muscle car. Sounds like it was a fun race man, true sleeper car there

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
The Camero would weigh in around 3500 pounds or so, give or take. Moving the big ass tires and the extra weight would require some Hp.