GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

White smoke from exhaust with fluid leaking out of it

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
As others have said, sounds like a head gasket. The oil will be contaminated with coolant and look milky. It's common for engines to overheat when water pump fails and the overheating can warp the head or blow out the gasket. Had the same thing happen in my Corrado years ago when the plastic water pump impeller disintegrated. By the time the dummy light went off, the damage was done. Had to replace the head gasket, water pump, and aux pump, which didn't like eating little pieces of plastic and was munched up .

I also got white smoke with broken ringland in my 08 STI. It has more of a blue-ish tint to it though.

Looking at your oil should give you a good idea of where to look. If oil is low, but normal looking, that's likely oil smoke. If oil is milky looking, it's head gasket/head related.
How do I check for that use my dipstick and see?

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
A leaking thermostat won't leak into the exhaust. Plus they replaced his thermostat housing anyway. He can just check the oil on the dipstick to check for water. He's under warranty anyway so it's a dealer problem.
Lol thanks for the opinion but im no he fyi im a female haha

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
As others have said, sounds like a head gasket. The oil will be contaminated with coolant and look milky. It's common for engines to overheat when water pump fails and the overheating can warp the head or blow out the gasket. Had the same thing happen in my Corrado years ago when the plastic water pump impeller disintegrated. By the time the dummy light went off, the damage was done. Had to replace the head gasket, water pump, and aux pump, which didn't like eating little pieces of plastic and was munched up .

I also got white smoke with broken ringland in my 08 STI. It has more of a blue-ish tint to it though.

Looking at your oil should give you a good idea of where to look. If oil is low, but normal looking, that's likely oil smoke. If oil is milky looking, it's head gasket/head related.
Thanks for the opinion and ideas but car will be dropped tomorrow morning so late on me to have checked your suggestion sorry.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Lol thanks for the opinion but im no he fyi im a female haha

1600178674610.png

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Well good luck, keep is posted so we know what it actually was. Hope its covered too!

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Hey, Let us know what they say. I would like to hear what another dumb dumb dealer comes up with. :) Good luck!!! (y)
Yeah dropped car an hour ago and biked home I wrote 6 of everyone's suggestions of what tests they should perform to see where the issue is.

You know wtf the guy said from all the tests I suggested for him to do?

Hes like its from cold weather to why you would see lots of white smoke its not a head gasket or turbo blown etc bs talk.

So I told him thats your opinion so do my tests (that everyone suggested on forum) to 1000% make sure my car is fine and this white smoke shit isnt a major problem.

He was like if we find nothing from all the tests that I told him to do, he would charge me diagnosis fee vs warranty I was like yeah cool let me know what disaster you fucking find this time.

Honestly since Saturday when all this shit started all over, I observed literally cars driving on the road whatever make or model, none fucking had white smoke blowing out for no damn reason, except ones who had obvious signs of major issues that did blow three times white smoke i can ever have that made sense for those cars but NOT me!