GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Finally received the rest of my badge skins/VinylMod’s vinyls to complete everything. Side blades, front and rear R’s and hazard light. Will update post when installed.

Thanks for the tip to VinylMod - I just picked up a number of things that I was interested in getting to black things out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Check these out, for those that rock inno fairings with OEM bars. 3d printed connectors bought through this member:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/3d-printed-inlet-duct.376292/page-5#post-7495218

Sleek and fits way better than the universal junky kind that come with the fairing
1E66B411-1F4E-476C-840C-BE8A70832934.jpeg

89DCA3B5-C218-4CA9-8F80-82F77C787B35.jpeg

D9210DF3-739A-4950-91B9-C0C9AB8B481D.jpeg

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the tip to VinylMod - I just picked up a number of things that I was interested in getting to black things out.

np! Tho I will say, personally think the badge skins are slightly better quality, cut a tiny bit better. My hazard light vinyl from vinylmods wasn’t perfect and didn’t have the clear film placed over it. But still overall happy with them!

Check these out, for those that rock inno fairings with OEM bars. 3d printed connectors bought through this member:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/3d-printed-inlet-duct.376292/page-5#post-7495218

Sleek and fits way better than the universal junky kind that come with the fairing
View attachment 185924
View attachment 185925
View attachment 185926

That looks good! Idk how I feel about zip ties but that does look good! The stock inno connectors work better when you get the extended long bolts for them, but they end up being longer than I’d like. That does look clean tho!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

JSil13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Received some more Badgeskins today. I already did the front and back GTI's from red to black and had done the fender badges, but debadged those last weekend. This time I went for the stereo power button, the airbag warning light, and a black ring and clear protective skin for the start button. Lastly I got red TSI and VW badges for the engine cover. The engine cover ones look pretty great to me.

A few days ago I got the Proclips phone mount too, and I really like it. For years I used the ones that mount to the air vents, and despite this one costing 3-4x the amount of those I feel like it was worth it. Granted I can control my phone from the steering wheel and the touch screen, but I plan on getting the JB4 w/ Bluetooth in the near future and having my phone clearly visible seemed helpful.
IMG_0224.jpeg

And also this because I'm a huge dork.
IMG_0219.jpeg

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Wait does a gti run on regular?

I've never even considered it only ever had 93 in the tank...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That looks good! Idk how I feel about zip ties but that does look good! The stock inno connectors work better when you get the extended long bolts for them, but they end up being longer than I’d like. That does look clean tho!
Thanks! Regarding the zipties, due to the concave and perfect fitment around the bars, the zipties really have no load on them, especially when driving...the wind pushes the holders into the bar. Plus, there are a ton of VW owners of ALL models that have half their engine and suspension parts being held in place by ...... zipties lol

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Wait does a gti run on regular?

I've never even considered it only ever had 93 in the tank...
Well seeing as how the car fuel door and the manual both says 87 for fuel type I would hope it can run on 87 lol

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
yeah when i first started upping the fuel % I remember thinking about how expensive its gonna be ect lol now I don't even think about it
I've been fortunate enough that I've never had to "pay attention" to gas prices. I figure that its something I will always need so theres no reason to get too stingy about it. I've just always put 91 or better in it since I got it so I dont think about it anymore either, just filler up