GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto high beam with obdeleven

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Does anyone know how to check if their cars has auto high beam or if they have the proper equipment to turn it on in obdeleven?

I have a 2019 GTI SE with the DCC package ( I believe it’s called the driver assistanc, don’t quote me). Anyways I am wanting to turn this function on if possible. I looked around but could not find anything applicable. Some of the VCDs Instructions on other forums calls for module A5 which I do not have. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone know how to check if their cars has auto high beam or if they have the proper equipment to turn it on in obdeleven?

I have a 2019 GTI SE with the DCC package ( I believe it’s called the driver assistanc, don’t quote me). Anyways I am wanting to turn this function on if possible. I looked around but could not find anything applicable. Some of the VCDs Instructions on other forums calls for module A5 which I do not have. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Do you have a camera inside your rear view mirror? No?

Do you have a front camera on your windscreen in a triangle shape? No?

You can't activate it.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Does your car have high beam assist to begin with?

All OBD eleven lets you do is code it to remain functional after you turn off/on the car. Otherwise you have to reactivate it each time you restart the car.

goblues38

Ready to race!
Car(s)
20 GTI & 15 GTI
auto highbeams are pretty useless......I have it on 3 different cars and it is turned off on all of them.

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2019 GLI
My experience with my ‘18 Honda Accord was great. I live in a rural area and the response was perfect, far better than I can respond manually. Sure wish my GTI and GLI were equipped with auto high beams.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
To activate auto highs, you need the front-mounted camera system which I *think* is part of the ACC/lane keep/front collision avoidance system. I was able to get this activated on my Atlas. The coding:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Auto high beams (vehicle has to have front camera for collision avoidance system)

Adaptation
Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Name: Fernlicht_assistent
Values:
Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung:
Old value: AFS, Fernlicht ueber AFS
New value: AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS

Long coding
Control unit: A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
Values:
AFS_coding_Light_Assist:
Old value: no_Light_Assist
New value: High_Beam_Assist
---------------------------------------------------------------
My opinion is...meh. It flicks on/off so much it's somewhat worthless. I didn't do the bit that makes the setting hold after a start/stop and give you a menu option for it. You push the stalk forward to activate it.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
auto highbeam, so this is how all these other cars are legit blinding me lately.
It's very sensitive to both oncoming traffic AND ambient light conditions...it always kicks down to lows in plenty of time.

goblues38

Ready to race!
Car(s)
20 GTI & 15 GTI
+1

They work better than other cars I've had with auto high beams in the past.

My experience is it is constantly 1 second to slow on the switch for on coming cars......and keeps brights on too long when following cars

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
auto highbeam, so this is how all these other cars are legit blinding me lately.
My dad's GMC Sierra has auto high beams and I feel bad for anyone in front of him. Even without the high-beams those headlights are blinding, but the auto high beams dont kick off quick enough and I'm sure there are a lot of people who are very unhappy with him on the road

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
My dad's GMC Sierra has auto high beams and I feel bad for anyone in front of him. Even without the high-beams those headlights are blinding, but the auto high beams dont kick off quick enough and I'm sure there are a lot of people who are very unhappy with him on the road
yeah i feel like everyone has their hi's on 24/7 its wack

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Do you have a camera inside your rear view mirror? No?

Do you have a front camera on your windscreen in a triangle shape? No?

You can't activate it.
I do have a small camera in front but what do you mean by a camera inside my rear view mirror?