GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A2B Motorsports RS3 Brushless LPFP FWD & AWD

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Sweet. Yeah it just seemed odd to me that we had 2 different cars with the same pump, overall pretty similar setups and commanded duty cycle to be different. Glad it was easy fix, I will be getting this pump for sure.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
I don’t know all the details. It was Klrider44’s car that was in their shop. For my specific case I will have to see what Nick@EQT changes on my file.

Kudos to billy at A2B he was swapping pumps, modules, and harnesses out of everything to rule out hardware issues. Happy he reached out to Ed though and got things squared away. Glad I could be the guinea pig, now just one more hour long uber ride to pick up my car lol.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Kudos to billy at A2B he was swapping pumps, modules, and harnesses out of everything to rule out hardware issues. Happy he reached out to Ed though and got things squared away. Glad I could be the guinea pig, now just one more hour long uber ride to pick up my car lol.

Any update on this?

Curious if the fix was to lower duty for the LPFP. I got a hard fuel cut today. Not super worried as it wasn't anywhere near full load, but it was quite abrupt.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Any update on this?

Curious if the fix was to lower duty for the LPFP. I got a hard fuel cut today. Not super worried as it wasn't anywhere near full load, but it was quite abrupt.
Yes, just need to lower the duty. Looks like mine peaks at 89 where previously it was 94.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, just need to lower the duty. Looks like mine peaks at 89 where previously it was 94.

Gotcha. I might lower my duty tables to align with that. I am still stock turbo until next week, but hadn't had any issues until today.

I am wondering if the PWM from the current fuel controller maxing itself at 89-94%. Essentially providing the signal to run at 100% duty, but our BCM is "only reporting" 94%.

Easy enough work around either way.

A2bmotorsport

Car(s)
Mk7R
Gotcha. I might lower my duty tables to align with that. I am still stock turbo until next week, but hadn't had any issues until today.

I am wondering if the PWM from the current fuel controller maxing itself at 89-94%. Essentially providing the signal to run at 100% duty, but our BCM is "only reporting" 94%.

Easy enough work around either way.

For your application this shouldnt even need anywhere near 80% to flow what you will need.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the whole point of this pump is to be able to run high lpfp duty?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
For your application this shouldnt even need anywhere near 80% to flow what you will need.

Highest duty I have seen is 77%. But my table isn't set to that as max. Just want to lower it as a precaution.

I will definitely need it in a weeks time though!!! Super excited for the Vortex to go in the car.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Also, because I love derailing my own threads, HP Tuners is officially live for VAG ECU and TCU tunes.

I am on Eurodyne because of the ability to self tune. This is a game changer. Or engine-/trans-breaker depending on how you look at it lol.

A2bmotorsport

Car(s)
Mk7R
Also, because I love derailing my own threads, HP Tuners is officially live for VAG ECU and TCU tunes.

I am on Eurodyne because of the ability to self tune. This is a game changer. Or engine-/trans-breaker depending on how you look at it lol.

Heard they dont support MPI though which sucks.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Heard they dont support MPI though which sucks.

Yeap. I emailed right away about MPI and Flex Fuel tables. They responded that they hope to have them in round 2 of release/updates. Keeping my fingers crossed. ECUTek released and didn't have support. But they were super quick about getting the tables activated.

carlos181

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I need some guidance here.

17' R recently installed Vortex XL, PR Walbro 450 kit, PR MPI 925cc tuned by EQT for 93 pump. Car already had a HPFP when running stage 2. I've been getting hard fuel cuts since day one and logs are reading low side fuel pressure is very low. If the car was a 1/4 or less tank of gas it would stall out on me normal driving or sitting at a light. Had to keep it above half a tank and drive conservatively.

Went back to the shop to inspect the pump but according to them no signs of leaks or bad install. They contact PR and they want the kit and basket sent out for testing. This is my daily so I had the pump put back for now and continue to drive it conservatively until I can figure out what my best option is. However, on my drive home I noticed I didn't have any dramatic fuel cuts and decided to do another 3rd gear pull. The log still shows the pressure improved a bit, but it's still dropping to under 50psi. Looks like a mechanical issue with the installation. The shop is adamant that the install was done correctly and want to change the pump out for an APR or CTS kit. I just fear that a new basket would be needed for proper fitment and install.

I'm thinking at this point I should go with a true drop-in solution i.e. the assembled kit EQT offers for the PR Walbro 450. But now that I've come across this option with A2B, would this be a better solution? My thought process on this is I don't want the issue at hand that the bucket needs replacement and I rather swap them out so I can send the old bucket/pump out for PR to test. If they determine that the install was bad, I can take it up with the shop who did the install and sell the basket and upgraded pump to someone for what it's worth. Also, if it's a true drop-in solution, than I'll do the install myself with a help from a friend in order to make up for the money already lost and spent.

At this time I'll only be tuned for 93 and again its my daily, so no plans on making it an absolute track weapon.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I'm thinking at this point I should go with a true drop-in solution i.e. the assembled kit EQT offers for the PR Walbro 450. But now that I've come across this option with A2B, would this be a better solution? My thought process on this is I don't want the issue at hand that the bucket needs replacement and I rather swap them out so I can send the old bucket/pump out for PR to test. If they determine that the install was bad, I can take it up with the shop who did the install and sell the basket and upgraded pump to someone for what it's worth. Also, if it's a true drop-in solution, than I'll do the install myself with a help from a friend in order to make up for the money already lost and spent.

Changing from a Walbro to A2B (RS3 pump) would require a new tune to support it.

A2bmotorsport

Car(s)
Mk7R
Hey guys, I need some guidance here.

17' R recently installed Vortex XL, PR Walbro 450 kit, PR MPI 925cc tuned by EQT for 93 pump. Car already had a HPFP when running stage 2. I've been getting hard fuel cuts since day one and logs are reading low side fuel pressure is very low. If the car was a 1/4 or less tank of gas it would stall out on me normal driving or sitting at a light. Had to keep it above half a tank and drive conservatively.

Went back to the shop to inspect the pump but according to them no signs of leaks or bad install. They contact PR and they want the kit and basket sent out for testing. This is my daily so I had the pump put back for now and continue to drive it conservatively until I can figure out what my best option is. However, on my drive home I noticed I didn't have any dramatic fuel cuts and decided to do another 3rd gear pull. The log still shows the pressure improved a bit, but it's still dropping to under 50psi. Looks like a mechanical issue with the installation. The shop is adamant that the install was done correctly and want to change the pump out for an APR or CTS kit. I just fear that a new basket would be needed for proper fitment and install.

At this time I'll only be tuned for 93 and again its my daily, so no plans on making it an absolute track weapon.

Sounds like you'd be perfect for our RS3 kit. Give us a ring at the shop and we'd be happy to answer any questions.