GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

golf

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
do you guys think this adjustment will be covered under warranty? its a 2019 with 21,000 miles, just want to be prepared

I think the 12 month adjustment period is up so I wasnt sure?
Of course! That's a manufacturer defect.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Thanks, well when I talked on the phone they said it was out of the 12 month adjustment period and to bring up for them to look at?

So should be covered for door adjustment?
That's usually for noises and rattles. This is 100% an issue. You MAY get some push back but just be firm with them and I don't think VWOA will argue against it.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I took it in and the service manager took the pics of it and sent to VW for approval. They don't have a body shop in house but would set it up with body shop they use and they would fix/paint those spots on the inside of door.

Question, would this cause an issue on carfax like showing an accident if it went to body shop for this fix?
Someone will have to chime in on this, but I do not believe so.

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
It shouldn’t, but they can do what they want I suppose. If it’s not filed with insurance, it won’t exist (per my experience). The VW dealer I bought my car from damaged my car, resulting in a fender respray/blend. Nothing on the CARFAX.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
so the dealer had to send pics to VW to get approval. Came back denied today, their reasoning was the the seal of the car that was rubbing on the paint on the inside of the door is considered "outside" influence. Anyone have any recommendations on next steps?
I got nothing, sorry, but that is complete fucking bullshit. I'd maybe have them elaborate as to what outside influence are they referring to.