GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

Vinsanyon

Passed Driver's Ed
So the seats doesn’t come with air bag?
From some of the info I read, if the partial of the air bag is out, the whole system won’t work.
Or when you trick the system so there is no air bag light will also accomplish that the whole system will work properly even one is out?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So the seats doesn’t come with air bag?
From some of the info I read, if the partial of the air bag is out, the whole system won’t work.
Or when you trick the system so there is no air bag light will also accomplish that the whole system will work properly even one is out?
Correct, the whole system will still work you just won’t have one go off in the seat. A pillar and b pillar bags will still deploy.

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
is there a way to get around the passenger occupancy sensor and the seat heaters if they are not wanted?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
If you are ok with the airbag light being on.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You can code out seat heaters. Although even with them disconnected and not coded out I think you'll only have soft faults in the BCM that show up in a scan. You could "go all the way" and replace your HVAC controls with a set that does not have the buttons for heated seats as well.

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
Well I want the sensor to work but I am attempting to install kirkey 55's and not too sure where to put the seat heaters or the sensor but I planned on wiring the airbag resistor so is that enough without the others plugged in or?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Well I want the sensor to work but I am attempting to install kirkey 55's and not too sure where to put the seat heaters or the sensor but I planned on wiring the airbag resistor so is that enough without the others plugged in or?

You need the occupancy sensor, seat rail sensors, and resistors for seat air bags connected for all faults to be removed. There is a different fault for each.

Last edited:

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
To be noted the occupancy sensor is only needed in the pass seat, you’re not installing the metal Bucket in the pass side are you?
Planned on doing a set but if I cant I suppose I wont I only have one on order atm was going to try to figure it out when I got it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I got my seats in, working on collecting all the parts needs to make airbags work. A couple questions:

What do the seat harnesses do? Isn't their already harness' in the car to connect the seat heaters once they are fitted to the aftermarket seats? Why the extra harness parts?
driver seat harness: 5GM971391R
passenger seat harness: 5GM971392AC

I can't seem to find parts for "seat rail sensors" - can someone clarify what these are? I'm going today to VW dealer to order everything. Just trying to make sure Im getting everything.