GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why can't service centers just change the oil properly?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Perhaps using "is not" or "isn't" would have helped in deciphering what it was you were saying. To include, placing a comma after "problem," and then continuing to finish it as a complete sentence.
At times, syntax can be lost if sentences aren't structured well.
I would agree very much that 600ml of oil left in the pan is very half-fast.
I said extractors were the problem then corrected myself by saying “rather, it’s lazy fucks using the extractor that’s the problem”

Sorry for not meeting your syntax standard. English isn’t my first language. Reading and typing is difficult because of my dyslexia. But I try. Frankly, it seems like you’re excusing away the fact that you didn’t read it right.

Either way, I stand by what I say because I’m in a position to absolutely say

Ahem

Fuck extractors. Fuck the guy that made them. Fuck his mom. Fuck who ever thinks it will pull more oil that a regular drain plug pull. Fuck that persons shoes.

I was forced to use them for a long while. And when ur dealing with extended 10k mile intervals and compound this with having to perform service in such a way that can leave behind as much as 600ml of old oil. It’s just a terrible idea

Now, I don’t pay any of your car notes. I don’t pay for your gas. And y’all ain’t on my insurance either. You guys do whatever u want. It is your right after all.

Peace be with u bro.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Oh sorry. I’ll rephrase

I wonder if the dealer would consider draining the oil via lifting the car and removing the drain plug if I purchase a new plug. Instead of using the extractor.

My bad

If they won't I would go to a different dealer.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
I said extractors were the problem then corrected myself by saying “rather, it’s lazy fucks using the extractor that’s the problem”

Sorry for not meeting your syntax standard. English isn’t my first language. Reading and typing is difficult because of my dyslexia. But I try. Frankly, it seems like you’re excusing away the fact that you didn’t read it right.

Either way, I stand by what I say because I’m in a position to absolutely say

Ahem

Fuck extractors. Fuck the guy that made them. Fuck his mom. Fuck who ever thinks it will pull more oil that a regular drain plug pull. Fuck that persons shoes.

I was forced to use them for a long while. And when ur dealing with extended 10k mile intervals and compound this with having to perform service in such a way that can leave behind as much as 600ml of old oil. It’s just a terrible idea

Now, I don’t pay any of your car notes. I don’t pay for your gas. And y’all ain’t on my insurance either. You guys do whatever u want. It is your right after all.

Peace be with u bro.
I see not a bit of dyslexia in your writing. There is some other condition or state present other than dyslexia M8.
You changed from "extractors were the problem", corrected to "it's lazy users", then back to ALL extractors and users of them?
Get some exercise M8, release that anger...

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
It depends who does it and how much of a fuck they give.

Up to 50-600ml can be left behind, and that’s if you give a fuck. Ever hear about people who measure after an oil change at the dealer and they’re over by half a qt? That’s because dude who did the oil change left half a qt of old oil in the pan. And decided to just add 6 and call it a day.

Imagine following vw’s maintenance plan. Changing your oil every 10k miles. Yet carrying a significant overage due to someone not sucking more of it out.

No thanks. Fuck extractors. I remember when they were first rolled into my dealership. Dude who was showing us how to use it sucked as much as possible. Lifted the car. Removed the plug. We measured out about 150-200ml.

Nope. Extractor oil changes should be cheaper considering the job isn’t being done right.
Use of extractors is far less than people think. I sell tools to auto repair shops. They all put cars on lifts and drain through the oil pan plug. It's far easier and more convenient than an extractor.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Use of extractors is far less than people think. I sell tools to auto repair shops. They all put cars on lifts and drain through the oil pan plug. It's far easier and more convenient than an extractor.

I've never seen any shop use an extractor. I'm sure that some do but they're few and far between.

cb1111

I see not a bit of dyslexia in your writing. There is some other condition or state present other than dyslexia M8.
You changed from "extractors were the problem", corrected to "it's lazy users", then back to ALL extractors and users of them?
Everything is somebody else's fault these days. Rather than saying "whoops, maybe I phrased that wrong" it so much easier to blame ESL/dyslexia/noisy neighbors/phase of the moon/anything but "I screwed up"

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks. I’ve had to take a lot of weekend remedial classes to be able to write and read coherently. Autospeller on the phone helps too. Didn’t realize so many gti owners were also dyslexia aficionados.

Yes. In my post I corrected myself. I said they sucked and corrected myself and said lazy people that use them suck. Then you replied stating I said one thing when it was something else entirely.

Instead of apologizing for reading it wrong your just trying to pass the buck on to me.

For example. I replied to a person here. The person told me they didn’t understand. So I APOLOGIZED then went into more detail about my previous reply. For the sake of clarity.

Like I said previously. If you like the extractor method or not. That’s cool. It doesn’t affect me at all.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Everything is somebody else's fault these days. Rather than saying "whoops, maybe I phrased that wrong" it so much easier to blame ESL/dyslexia/noisy neighbors/phase of the moon/anything but "I screwed up"
Folks who have to deal with those things have a hair trigger for the shit. I have dyslexia. I hate when my writing or reading comprehension is criticized. It absolutely sucks.

My reply wasn’t misunderstood by anyone except that other dude. So instead of him/her fessing up to it he/she instead deflects blame due to their lack of reading comprehension on to me.

There was an instance here just recently where I replied to someone else. They didn’t understand. So I felt I should’ve apologized and explain better. And so I did. In that case I felt like I did a poor job explaining myself.

But in this other cat’s case. Nah, he just doesn’t like being wrong. Go figure.

But no, one shouldn’t use dyslexia to excuse anything. But if in the wrong one should apologize and optionally explain themself (in my case explained dyslexia, and my lack of English writing skills). I did it in hopes that I wouldn’t be criticized and though of as someone uneducated. I’m trying man.

PureWhiteMk7

Go Kart Newbie
I am impressed there are 5 pages worth of people who don’t expect good service from a dealership doing an oil change which is not free for most VW’s. In fact the average price for the first service is probably around $85. There is nothing wrong with extractors but most VW dealerships with lifts in every bay don’t use them because the first service requires tire rotation so the car is already up. I don’t care if it’s free or $100, once a year or once in a lifetime, simple jobs should be done right.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It’s standard in every vw, Audi and collection dealership I ever worked in. In 3 different states too.

Though we really can’t assume all the vw dealers use it though but I think we can assume a good chunk of them do? My brother in law owns and runs his own shop. He has one but only for Lamborghini, Ferrari’s and some land rovers and some Porsche’s too.