GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
5G6919605B - 5G6919605D - 8" Glass Touchscreen Display (w/ Nav)

Hi,
Does anyone know what the difference between the B & D models are?
Plenty of B ones on eBay but D seem rarer & more expensive. Is it just the D is newer version?

Rob.

bill360

Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
It's also possible to use the 8" glass screen display (with those 2 turning knobs)on a MIB1 Discover Pro.

You need a little converter "thingy" Made by Suwtec:
https://www.suwtec.de/Discover-Pro-...ay-Glasbildschirm-VW-Skoda-Seat-Plug-and-Play

Just sourcing parts, will report later.
I purchased The adapter from Suwtec and the 8 inch glass screen and this is what I got. Any help is appreciated.
vw screen.jpg

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
I purchased The adapter from Suwtec and the 8 inch glass screen and this is what I got. Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 185458

Oh wow, I was thinking about possibly doing this also as an interim solution myself. Interested and await your update.

You shaved the notch for the connector? Only thing I can think of to test whether it’s the adapter or the screen would be to find someone who already has mib2 and connect your screen to theirs and see if the screen is functional. If it works with theirs, than it’s the connector. If it doesn’t work with their mib2 also than you know it’s the adapter. Probably not the solution your looking for, but it’s a way of eliminating possible root causes.

bill360

Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Oh wow, I was thinking about possibly doing this also as an interim solution myself. Interested and await your update.

You shaved the notch for the connector? Only thing I can think of to test whether it’s the adapter or the screen would be to find someone who already has mib2 and connect your screen to theirs and see if the screen is functional. If it works with theirs, than it’s the connector. If it doesn’t work with their mib2 also than you know it’s the adapter. Probably not the solution your looking for, but it’s a way of eliminating possible root causes.
Yes, I shaved the notch. Thats the big question, is the screen? or the adapter? The adapter came from Germany and the screen from Brazil. This makes it even more complicated

bill360

Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
I think he has a MIB1 Panasonic which is MIB1 STD
I have a 2015 se with fender, I bought the 8 inch glass screen( 5G6919605A ) and the adapter, It did not work. Should I replace my MIB1 with a MIB2? If so, what one?
I have gone this far so I just want to get it done. I really appreciate the help.

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
Hi Everyone I have a question

I have Discover Pro with MIB1 8inch screen
I would like to swap it for the touch screen display
There are two options:

9.2inch screen 5G6919606 MIB 2.5
or
8inch screen 5G6919605 MIB 2

The question is will the MIB1 work with one of those displays ?
I would like to swap the MIB1 for MIB2 or 2.5, but for now i would like to do just the display.

Thanks in advance for the tips..

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Everyone I have a question

I have Discover Pro with MIB1 8inch screen
I would like to swap it for the touch screen display
There are two options:

9.2inch screen 5G6919606 MIB 2.5
or
8inch screen 5G6919605 MIB 2

The question is will the MIB1 work with one of those displays ?
I would like to swap the MIB1 for MIB2 or 2.5, but for now i would like to do just the display.

Thanks in advance for the tips..
They will not although I am unaware of discover pro MIB 1 with 8in so double check your mib version

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
Sc629

I think only EU versions have MIB 1 with 8inch display. And I have Eu version 2015MY

I will check it again just to be 100%sure
But the unit does not support CarPlay or MirrorLink.
So i think it is MIB 1

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
So I double checked everything and my infotaiment version is :

5G0 035 043D Discover pro w/ 8inch screen

So in theory the MIB 2 touch screen 5G6919605 should work but the "APP" button will not respond.

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Im still looking for the part number for the RHD gloss black trim if anyone can help?

Rob.