GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Thanks, I've PM'd him.

The tricky part is that I could really do with this to be sorted by the 25th because that's when the car is being shipped. In theory I might be able to deal with it on the other end, but would prefer not to take that chance. So, I'm not sure I have time to wait to get new lights shipped from e-acca etc. If anyone does know if/how I could get these Helix lights that I have wired up, I would appreciate it.
I would try to contact Zero815, maybe he can conduct a "reverse" harness for you so you don't have to go through the hassle of returning & repurchasing the lights as this process can take a very long time.

Personally, I placed an order from e-acca on the 13th of July and they only ship on Monday so that kinda sucks waiting for that long. The harness from Zero arrived however so I'm just waiting for the lights.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Where in Europe are you moving to? Zero is located in Germany and it might be quicker to source the tails once you get to Europe. You should have time to make any compliance modifications after you arrive but before you need to register the car right?

jezza123

Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just installed these today, got them from usp motorsports when they had their super site crashing deals last week! Couldn’t past up the deal when it cost me less than what it would from ecca and it came with the harness and free shipping!!!

One question tho....the dynamic tails work properly when the ignition is in the in position or when the car is actually on but when the car and ignition is off and I go to lock the the doors with my fob it blinks static. What channels do I have to change to make them dynamic when locking the doors with ignition off?

Also...when I turn the signals with car on, both dynamics come on as if hazards are on no matter if I have the turn signals left or right, any ideas?

**Edit** figured this part out! I had lichtfunktion c24 set to blinken hellphase instead of blinken recht hellphase!!! Smh!

Appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm having the same issues with the dynamic turn signal not working when I lock/unlock. Did you resolve this?

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
I'm in Australia and had to have this done at a shop, it's not very clear how to "upgrade" when your car already has all LED tail lights etc, all the harnesses with instructions are for non-LED.

Very happy with the outcome, they work and look great and are dynamic when you lock/unlock the car. Still waiting on my dynamic side indicators, they are "almost" here from AliExpress, fingers crossed they work on my FL car.

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
I'm having the same issues with the dynamic turn signal not working when I lock/unlock. Did you resolve this?

Mine are static while ignition is off, never got around to correcting this. But after your post I hit up zero and this is what he suggested:

For the MK7 I see two options. Set LichtfunktionA28 to:
1. "Klemme30G" OR
2. "Versorgungsbedarf der LCM Module".

Personally I prefer 2 and it works on my MK7 better. I have dynamic turn signals all the time. With 1 there's (as far as I remember) as small delay while unlocking.

This is from the tail light/harness/coding guru himself. Have not personally tried it out just yet, will be giving it a shot today and will let you know how it turns out. But any other time I’ve asked zero for advice or pointers he hasn’t failed yet.

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
So I tested out the recommended changes and I can’t seem to find “versorsgungbedarf Der lcm module” in any of the drop down options. So I gave “klemme30g” a try and it works. Only thing is, it only works twice before reverting back to static each time you have ignition off. Awaiting further instructions from zero on how to resolve this.

jezza123

Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I tested out the recommended changes and I can’t seem to find “versorsgungbedarf Der lcm module” in any of the drop down options. So I gave “klemme30g” a try and it works. Only thing is, it only works twice before reverting back to static each time you have ignition off. Awaiting further instructions from zero on how to resolve this.
I got it resolved. I forgot to change ZV_Blinken_auf(unlocking) and ZV_Blinken_zu(locking) to 'Active'. Once I did that everything worked!

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
ROW MK7.5 w/ factory fitted dynamic tails use light channel Leuchte27 to power the sweeping.

Depending on the harness you've used a different light channel is used for the sweeping. Check your coding for: LichtfunktionA16, 17, 20, 21, 27, or 28 = "Klemme15...", "Klemme30...". Replace that with the following value of light channel Leuchte27.

(1)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 2736 - LED Kleinleistung
(2)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lampendefektbitposition 2700
(3)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2700
(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(5)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27nicht aktiv
(6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27127
(7)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 27always
(8)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27nicht aktiv
(9)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion D 27nicht aktiv
(10)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 270
(11)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction CD 27maximize
(12)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion E 27nicht aktiv
(13)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion F 27nicht aktiv
(14)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert EF 270
(15)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction EF 27maximize
(16)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion G 27nicht aktiv
(17)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion H 27nicht aktiv
(18)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert GH 270
(19)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction GH 27maximize

You can enable the sweep for turn signals, hazards and locking in 6 parameters individually (Active = sweep, not active = no sweep). If you search for "Außenlicht" on VCDS or OBDeleven please notice the letter "ß" is a special German letter that equals "ss" and not B.

GermanEnglishValue
Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_linksturn signal leftactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_rechtsturn signal rightactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUShazards ignition offactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EINhazards ignition onactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_aufunlockingactive
Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_zulockingactive

On earlier MK7s - until some time mid MY17s - the sweep enabling is slightly different (on very rare MK7s it doesn"t work):

GermanEnglishValue
Dyn. turn signal modes-Richtungs_blinken_linksturn signal leftactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-Richtungs_blinken_rechtsturn signal rightactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUShazards ignition offactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EINhazards ignition onactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_aufunlockingactive
Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_zulockingactive

What is the difference between MK7s and MK7.5s? The MK7.5 (and probably late MY17 MK7s too) has one additional parameter:

GermanEnglishValue
Außenlicht_Blinker-Dynamische_Blink_Delayturn signal dynamic blink delay50 ms

With this "delay_parameter" the first blink during unlocking sweeps because it is delayed. On earlier MK7s the first blink is solid. I've tried many parameters on my own NA '17 GTI (Aug'16 built date) and with LichtfunktionA27 = "Versorgungsbedarf der LCM Module" it sweeps all the time. On my car "Klemme30G" is solid on the first unlocking blink. My assumption is that "Klemme30G" (switched battery) takes time to be turned on by the BCM while the first unlocking blink happens earlier.

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Zero815 to the rescue again! I have a early
Mk7(2015) and didn’t have the option for “versorgungsbedarf der lcm module”
but the “aktive blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken” worked after individually activating the functions!

Tips for others and obdeleven users:

My channel was lichtfunktion a28 in leuchte28, listen to zero and figure out which channel your harness uses. For obdeleven activating the individual blink settings can be found in a adaptation channel called “dynamic blink options”

My tails are now dynamic all the time whether the ignition is on or off and not just for a few blinks but always.

hydeco

Car(s)
2019 GTI
Hi all. I've hit a snag installing my mk7.5 dynamic turn signals. I order the lights 5G1052200C from E-Acca and the mk7.5 to mk7.5 harness from DAP. Ran the harness and trying to plug the lights in I found the plug on the lights are different than the plugs on DAPs harness. Has anyone run into this issue before?

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
Installed the dynamic MK7.5 tails today, originally ordered from e-acca.com. They actually came relatively quick, within a couple of weeks from order. Also used the harness from Zero815, top notch quality and support. Install went well, took about 2 hours with coding and clean up. Very happy, these things look great!

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Can someone who is also using the original jbale harness kindly message me the instructions, including coding, again? Need to uninstall this week and can't find the instructions to use to backtrack the install. Specifically which wires to unpin + codes to change back.

Pmed jbale but seems like he hasn't been on in a long time.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hi all. I've hit a snag installing my mk7.5 dynamic turn signals. I order the lights 5G1052200C from E-Acca and the mk7.5 to mk7.5 harness from DAP. Ran the harness and trying to plug the lights in I found the plug on the lights are different than the plugs on DAPs harness. Has anyone run into this issue before?
Please share pics of the plugs.