GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Front Lighting Error

Dylindmark

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Hello,

I have had this AFS error on my dashboard now for a few weeks and am looking to find a solution. I haven't found any answers yet as I have looked on the web for the past week. Cornering lights seem to be working just fine and don't see any bulbs burnt out. Any one know why this error keeps popping up after a few minutes of driving. The only thing I can suspect is that my passenger side light seems to be slightly lower than my driver side. Could this be triggering the error? If so any advice on how to fix? Trying not to pay the absurd dealership prices to fix. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks.

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Scan for codes. More than likely if the bulbs are working properly and you haven't replaced your suspension within the past day, you have a bad motor in the headlamp assembly. If that's the case you need a new headlight assembly which isn't cheap so look for a decent used one.

Dylindmark

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Scan for codes. More than likely if the bulbs are working properly and you haven't replaced your suspension within the past day, you have a bad motor in the headlamp assembly. If that's the case you need a new headlight assembly which isn't cheap so look for a decent used one.
Thank you!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If I'm not mistaken, won't those of us who have AFS get that error if that cornering light/bulb is going out?

Dylindmark

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Yeah they
Do the headlights follow the wheels when you turn? Do they follow the terrain?
Yeah when I turn, the cornering lights come on and when I initially start the engine the headlights do their initial "dance" if you want to call it, but it seems as if the right side is a little lower than the driver side. I attached a photo, I don't know how well you can see and sorry about the back drop, currently have stuff in front of my garage. I've never really payed attention to this before so it could be normal but was curious if this was part of the problem.

Attachments

• 79149AF8-B636-4ECD-8C4F-7FCA0C2199F2.png
    79149AF8-B636-4ECD-8C4F-7FCA0C2199F2.png
    844.5 KB · Views: 170

Dylindmark

Car(s)
2017 GTI
That
If I'm not mistaken, won't those of us who have AFS get that error if that cornering light/bulb is going out?
I have read multiple posts and seen videos where that is a common problem but I don't think that is my situation as the cornering lights seem to be working just fine. I ordered new bulbs and plan on installing tomorrow to see if they fix the problem but I have a feeling it won't.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Is there any condensation within the headlight assembly. MY 2016 had defective headlight seals which gave this error.

Lee 7.5R

Car(s)
7.5R
Did you ever resolve this? I have the cornering afs error every time I start up. My cornering lights work fine, the headlights dance on start up. Ive tried clearing the code with ODB11. Not sure what’s causing this, although I did manually adjust my headlights about a week before the error started and have tried to acknowledge the basic headlight setting through ODB11.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
IF you determine it could be the sensor associated, I have one I ordered from China by mistake.