GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
That's because traction is limited. ;) You need to adjust your traction control in the cobb unit. What options did you select when you purchased our tune? Feel free to PM me if it's easier for you.
I think the way I worded my post is confusing. What I meant is ESC OFF wont stay illuminated on my dash for more than a minute. I turn it completely off but it won't stay off

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah, Cobb TC should have no effect on the ESC light, or factory traction control at all etc. They operate independently and when Cobb TC kicks in it won't illuminate any lights etc.

But, not sure why you're having issues now. I have that same setting disabled on mine, and cobb tune has never affected it any way, "ESC off" stays lit etc. It turns off automatically if you turn on cruise control is the only thing I can think of.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, Cobb TC should have no effect on the ESC light, or factory traction control at all etc. They operate independently and when Cobb TC kicks in it won't illuminate any lights etc.

But, not sure why you're having issues now. I have that same setting disabled on mine, and cobb tune has never affected it any way, "ESC off" stays lit etc. It turns off automatically if you turn on cruise control is the only thing I can think of.
Well everyone is solved, thanks for the input everyone, back to shedding tires lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So what was the solution?

Wrongwheeldrive23:

1597575026147.jpg

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
So what was the solution?
What I should of done in the first place
Lol,
Lol, sorry for the suspense. My buddy just picked up an s3 a few days back apr1 stage one, wanted to go cruise with him

Anyway, like always it was a simple fix, just coded all my settings back to default with my OB11 then tuned off started vibration again,then reflashed the eqt map

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Gents, a few OTS flash based tunes on the market raise the RPM limit to 7k and remove the top speed limit. Do EQT's OTS staged tunes enable/disable these parameters? I tried googling to no avail.

It seems like most peeps here run custom Etunes with all kinds of corn-based herbs and spices as opposed to OTS files. Anyone with a manual car here has some feedback from comparing prior experience with flash tunes and then going into a staged EQT OTS tune? I would also like to hear all around general feedback about launch control/no-lift shift features from the stick crowd (can you make it work for your clutch setup on command, did it make a significant difference in Mexico or the track, etc).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Gents, a few OTS flash based tunes on the market raise the RPM limit to 7k and remove the top speed limit. Do EQT's OTS staged tunes enable/disable these parameters? I tried googling to no avail.

It seems like most peeps here run custom Etunes with all kinds of corn-based herbs and spices as opposed to OTS files. Anyone with a manual car here has some feedback from comparing prior experience with flash tunes and then going into a staged EQT OTS tune? I would also like to hear all around general feedback about launch control/no-lift shift features from the stick crowd (can you make it work for your clutch setup on command, did it make a significant difference in Mexico or the track, etc).

The speed limiter is eliminated on all aftermarket tunes I believe. The rev limiter and others are options with an EQT protune. There are several options to choose from on an EQT staged tune also. Go to their website and proceed as though you're placing an order and you'll see the options.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

On my stage 2 ots i have hit 7k but only in a low gear i believe

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
We set rev limiters based on customer feedback, and installed options. Most of our staged tunes have pre-defined limiters, and once you go to a custom tune, we will set the limiter based on customer input, or where we feel the car stops making power. Usually, our hybrid turbo setups have rev limiters at 7500rpm~7800rpm based on the turbo installed. Built motors with built heads see over 8krpm rev limiters.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
We set rev limiters based on customer feedback, and installed options. Most of our staged tunes have pre-defined limiters, and once you go to a custom tune, we will set the limiter based on customer input, or where we feel the car stops making power. Usually, our hybrid turbo setups have rev limiters at 7500rpm~7800rpm based on the turbo installed. Built motors with built heads see over 8krpm rev limiters.
Thanks Cliff. Any reason not to tick all the special features for Cobb stuff (launch control/flat foot shifting/traction control) when ordering a staged tune?