GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GPS ANTENNA FAULT CODE

jollybob2182

Car(s)
vw golf mk7 gtd 2014
Hello can anyone help me clear a fault code< I have a vw golf mk7 gtd I have updated my sat nav to the latest MIB2, I have just fitted a new GPS ANTENNA and now getting a fault code coming up when I do a scan, I do have a genuine Ross Tech VCDS but cannot clear this fault code can anyone tell me how to do it thank you.

2565 - GPS Antenna

B1054 13 [009] - Open Circuit

[GPS aerial - open circuit]

Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00000001

Fault Priority: 4

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 88

Mileage: 92908 km

Date: 2020.08.03

Time: 11:10:16

Voltage terminal 30: 12.1 V

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Isn't it telling you the antenna is not completely connected (GPS Aerial - open circuit)? Did you re-check all connections? Does the GPS receive satellite data? Any chance you can reattach the original antenna and see if the fault clears on its own? Maybe the antenna is bad.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Had something similar on my GTI. Thought it was a bum antenna but when I took it in to get looked at it turned out they hadn't properly seated the fakra connectors at the factory. Unplugging and re-plugging the connectors fixed it.

jollybob2182

Car(s)
vw golf mk7 gtd 2014
Isn't it telling you the antenna is not completely connected (GPS Aerial - open circuit)? Did you re-check all connections? Does the GPS receive satellite data? Any chance you can reattach the original antenna and see if the fault clears on its own? Maybe the antenna is bad.
Thank you for your reply, my old antenna was broke and did not work so I got new antenna sat nav is working but keeps showing the fault code I will have a look at connection again

jollybob2182

Car(s)
vw golf mk7 gtd 2014
Had something similar on my GTI. Thought it was a bum antenna but when I took it in to get looked at it turned out they hadn't properly seated the fakra connectors at the factory. Unplugging and re-plugging the connectors fixed it.
Thank you I will try unplugging it and and re connectin it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Where did you get the MIB2? The antenna? Were both new? Is the antenna the correct one for that unit? Did you try checking for resistance in the antenna?

Peth

Car(s)
Golf 7R
That’s interesting the car must be detecting a voltage difference using the non OEM GPS antenna and then throwing a fault code.
Where did you position the shark fin it was pretty tight in behind the MiB unit ?