GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PDC Retrofit Question

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Hey everyone.

I have some lame aftermarket PDC and I want to retrofit the genuine PDC.

I already sourced out parts on eBay and I'm looking on Kufatec in order to buy the matching wiring looms.

The PDC control unit pins look like so, where it has a 26 pin connector on the left and a (18?) pin connector on the right.

1596549304387.png

I found the Kufatec wiring loom for the left connector (which seems to be the CAN gateway connector transport) here, but I'm not sure if the right one is good.

For the right one I found this, but on Kufatec website the connector seems circular and it doesn't seem like it would fit on the right connector on the PDC module above.

Also, anyone know the difference between the part numbers for the control unit? Using ETKA for my 2016 MK7, I found out that:
  • 5Q0 919 283 G – Rear only
  • 5Q0 919 294 K/l – Front & Rear
Is this right? Are there any more part numbers I can use? I want rear only.
Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
EDIT: So my bad, seems like the circular connector on the second link connects to the first harness.

If so, what is the right (18 pin) connector on the PDC module used for?

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
If you are taking up this retrofit and going through the pain of installing so many PDC sensors on the bumper and wiring., i would very well go with the full - Park Assist and Aid., this is called PLA 2.0 or PLA 3.0. I did this PLA 2.0 retrofit and then later upgraded the module to 3.0., totally worth it. Especially when the vehicle takes over the steering to do the parallel and perpendicular parking.

Check out the aliexpress site for MK7 Golf PDC/Parking modules., they sell all the variants along with the harness. Something like this -
PDC.jpg

As for the harness., i think the 26 pin big plug includes all sensors for front. And the smaller 18 pin is for rear. Electrically - PLA 3.0, 2.0, Park Aid front or/and rear is all the same. Depending on the module, the extra sensors will not be connected.

Aliexpress also sells just the harness., so check it out.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn’t wanna trust AliExpress aftermarket parts for something like parking sensors.

Going for the full park assist is a good idea, but for now I wanna start with the rear and i fear that if I buy the 8 channel module abs only connect the rear then it wouldn’t show on my MMI.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Ok good luck with the install. Go with vendor you are comfortable with.

To clarify on the AliExpress option, i suggested., the modules and sensors are not aftermarket options. They are VW parts with module made in German., for chinese market. The vendor I purchased from seems good. Works without issues for 3 yrs now.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I had bad experience with AliExpress specifying "genuine" parts so I can't believe them.

Did you perform the install yourself? What vendor did you purchase from?

Also, I'm pretty sure you need the extra 2 sensors on the side (so 10 in total) for the park assist to work so it doesn't make sense.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn’t wanna trust AliExpress aftermarket parts for something like parking sensors.

Going for the full park assist is a good idea, but for now I wanna start with the rear and i fear that if I buy the 8 channel module abs only connect the rear then it wouldn’t show on my MMI.
They are genuine parts. Like.. actual genuine, marked correctly, identical to genuine.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
They are genuine parts. Like.. actual genuine, marked correctly, identical to genuine.

I once ordered a "genuine" cupholder LED ring from a trustworthy vendor on AliExpress, the part had a genuine part number and the Audi logo on it.

However, once I connected it, the LEDs were super dim and the plastic felt super cheap. I then ordered the genuine part from Germany and it was 100% different.

The seller on AliExpress could've sworn it's genuine but I knew for a fact it was an aftermarket Chinese copy. Don't be fooled by the part number or logos, they even do that!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I once ordered a "genuine" cupholder LED ring from a trustworthy vendor on AliExpress, the part had a genuine part number and the Audi logo on it.

However, once I connected it, the LEDs were super dim and the plastic felt super cheap. I then ordered the genuine part from Germany and it was 100% different.

The seller on AliExpress could've sworn it's genuine but I knew for a fact it was an aftermarket Chinese copy. Don't be fooled by the part number or logos, they even do that!
I don't know how much clearer I can be. They are IDENTICAL to the parking sensors I already had.

How, pray tell, are they going to fake a PLA control module?!

They buy the parts direct from VW China and export them.

There's a big difference between a crappy cupholder and control modules!

The same vendor also sold me Blind Spot Monitoring - no chance of the radars and mirrors being fake lol.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie

So Just order the Wiring from Aliexpress, there's no OEM in wiring as its just wires and connectors.
then buy the rest of the parts from ebay or your dealer.

I Ordered a full PLA 2.0 kit from aliexpress and it works perfectly fine till now ( 3 years ), you cant go wrong with parking sensors, but other, more expensive and important parts you should buy OEM from VW or used off ebay.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I don't know how much clearer I can be. They are IDENTICAL to the parking sensors I already had.

How, pray tell, are they going to fake a PLA control module?!

They buy the parts direct from VW China and export them.

There's a big difference between a crappy cupholder and control modules!

The same vendor also sold me Blind Spot Monitoring - no chance of the radars and mirrors being fake lol.

Can you send me a link to the vendor you purchased the PDC from?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
So Just order the Wiring from Aliexpress, there's no OEM in wiring as its just wires and connectors.
then buy the rest of the parts from ebay or your dealer.

I Ordered a full PLA 2.0 kit from aliexpress and it works perfectly fine till now ( 3 years ), you cant go wrong with parking sensors, but other, more expensive and important parts you should buy OEM from VW or used off ebay.

Mind sharing the vendor you ordered from as well? Also, would you be willing to assist me with retrofitting these?

DokiAuto have been great through a number of retrofits. Excellent support which is rarely found on AliExpress.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7rwMg8

Thank you, I'll check it out!

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
DokiAuto have been great through a number of retrofits. Excellent support which is rarely found on AliExpress.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7rwMg8

So I contacted DokiAuto. They have both PLA 3.0 and 2.0 versions. He checked my VIN and told me my vehicle supports PLA 2.0, but he wasn't sure if it supports PLA 3.0.

1. What does PLA stand for? Just out of curiousity.
2. What are the differences? From my understanding - the PLA 2.0 supports parallel parking and PLA 3.0 supports also "normal" parking aka backing in and out in a "straight" line, and also can brake, etc.
3. How to know if my vehicle supports PLA 3.0?
4. Can I start with PLA 2.0 and upgrade in the future to PLA 3.0? Is it just a module difference?

Thanks everyone.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie