GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went Stage 2 with EQT, not performing as expected. Logs included.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I been on rs7 for a bit, im is20 e30 ect, been good. They are starting to get little misfires here and there on cold starts. I'm gonna switch to ruths next, Which, I need to do soon and an oil change. I listen to diggs, ruths ftw. He has tried all the plugs im pretty sure.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I got them less than a month ago for $15 each at an Audi dealership by just saying I found them online for that cost, no proof needed. I told them I didn't need a receipt but...

6.63% sales tax rate
$3.98 tax
$60 pre-tax total
$15 each

View attachment 181602
Went to my Audi dealer today for RS7 plugs, they wanted 40 per plug. I showed them that their own website has them for 11 each and he said the best he can do is 25, so I left. Sounds like Ruths are next, thanks to all the recent input.

Separate issue I didn't want to make a new thread for (unless necessary), I've always had this weird hissing rattle noise as the car is running since I bought it. It is louder from under the car, can't hear it from the engine bay.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Went to my Audi dealer today for RS7 plugs, they wanted 40 per plug. I showed them that their own website has them for 11 each and he said the best he can do is 25, so I left. Sounds like Ruths are next, thanks to all the recent input.

Separate issue I didn't want to make a new thread for (unless necessary), I've always had this weird hissing rattle noise as the car is running since I bought it. It is louder from under the car, can't hear it from the engine bay.

Noise goes away after it warms up? If so, normal.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
What are you guys gapping your NGK "ruths" at - their website shows 0.039" as the spec? EDIT - corrected, wrong website. NGK's official site shows 0.032.

plugs.JPG

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Stock (and Rutheniums) are 7
RS7s are an 8 (1 step "colder")
Yes - I was just making a statement as to why you wouldn't run 1 step colder as the rutheniums are 7 was all as that seems to be what most tuners recommend.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Rutheniums are $9.59 each at Napa. Order online and free ship to store. There may be a rebate or online first customer discount, which I got.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
and they definitely don't come at 0.039
Just going off what I saw online BUT it I was duped! NGK's real site says 0.032; "ngk.com" where I googled shows 0.039 - must be a third-party vendor site. F those guys! ahahaha

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

You should've asked to speak to his manager because he was being a fucking dickhead and price gouging those spark plugs.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
RS7s can be had for about $60 online delivered in a few days.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
can you link the spot on their page for them? don't see it on their site, only where to buy which isn't ngk

They certainly don't make it easy to find them on the website. I just typed in Ruthenium in the search bar.