GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI passenger impressions

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Not a fan of that big mouth on the front, but the seats look much improved. They look like my BMW M4 seats with the built in headrests.
Anyone know if they are comfortable?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
No handbrake. I guess most everything is moving to electronic these days.

I'm glad to see that VW kept the "infotainment screen" low. I can't stand the tall tombstone displays I see in so many vehicles these days, large and placed distractingly in the field of view.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The front end looks so happy... burp

Untitled-1.jpg

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
7AE24225-B831-4C0A-A706-1920B4D1E3A1.jpeg
Front end is the logical, subtle progression of the mk6+mk7. Vw is not a jdm company. They do not completely redesign models every 2 years. Mk6 front end for reference(not my emphasis arrows):

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
My issue is with the headlamps, the MK8 looks stoned. Otherwise, it looks great.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
I hate the look of the plaid seats and the front end doesn’t do anything for me. I do like the light stripe that goes across the front.

I understand they are using the same EA888 engine from the MK7 but are able to squeeze more power out of it. Are they doing this without revising any engine internals? Does it use the same is20 turbo?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I hate the look of the plaid seats and the front end doesn’t do anything for me. I do like the light stripe that goes across the front.

I understand they are using the same EA888 engine from the MK7 but are able to squeeze more power out of it. Are they doing this without revising any engine internals? Does it use the same is20 turbo?

Same turbo. Probably just tuning explains the increase.