GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

sh129951

Just came to say THANK YOU. I had the 17950 installed today at a muffler shop for $140 (fixed my misaligned tips as well) and it fixed the annoying drone that I had. There is still some drone but its a night and day difference, you can barely notice it with the AC / radio on at normal volume. Before, it droned so bad it made my ears ring.

Sanderzzz_

Ready to race!
If there’s enough interest and a local car to use for R&D I will.

I still haven’t had an R in for exhaust R&D.
I’m up in Virginia Beach but could make a day trip down if you’d work with me on it. Do you generally need it for longer periods of time?

edit: I think you could get a lot of interest if you did something for our cars. All we have right now is AWE and Milltek which run between $1500-1800 unless you want it to sound like a tractor

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m up in Virginia Beach but could make a day trip down if you’d work with me on it. Do you generally need it for longer periods of time?

edit: I think you could get a lot of interest if you did something for our cars. All we have right now is AWE and Milltek which run between $1500-1800 unless you want it to sound like a tractor

You can email me if you’d like, jlbaun26@gmail.com

I can’t really discuss pricing here, as I’m not a site sponsor, but my pricing would fall in that same range

Sanderzzz_

Ready to race!
You can email me if you’d like, jlbaun26@gmail.com

I can’t really discuss pricing here, as I’m not a site sponsor, but my pricing would fall in that same range
Thanks for the response Jake! Will email you when I’m ready to move forward. Just realized you’re further than I thought and due to Covid the Navy is very strict on our travel radius and you’re outside of it by a bit. 2020 is quite the trip

Bcgp

Car(s)
GTi
Hello everyone!

How can I have this amazing sound after releasing the accelerator and in the gear reductions?

(Black GTI at 01:40 ~ 02:54)

Is it the pops and bangs? Or another thing?

Thanks guys

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hello everyone!

How can I have this amazing sound after releasing the accelerator and in the gear reductions?

(Black GTI at 01:40 ~ 02:54)

Is it the pops and bangs? Or another thing?

Thanks guys

Pops and bangs and DSG farts.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Current set up is a DP+ mid pipe with the 17950 and it’s time for more volume. Is there a handy list (or would anyone care to share) thoughts on the most “mild to wild” options for me to consider for a CBE?

Which ones are known for being mild? Which ones wake the neighbors?
Is there one that’s considered to be middle ground?

JWadle

Passed Driver's Ed
Jake - I have an AWE Touring catback on my 2019 GTI and plan to add a MAP catted downpipe. My questions is this: the AWE Touring catback includes a resonator (I believe), and the MAP DP offers an optional resonator. I want DP performance, but the sound of my AWE catback with OEM DP is enough for me. What do you recommend I do for a resonator?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide - Jack

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Jake - I have an AWE Touring catback on my 2019 GTI and plan to add a MAP catted downpipe. My questions is this: the AWE Touring catback includes a resonator (I believe), and the MAP DP offers an optional resonator. I want DP performance, but the sound of my AWE catback with OEM DP is enough for me. What do you recommend I do for a resonator?

Thanks for any assistanec you can provide - Jack

Jake makes a DP.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Thanks for any assistance you can provide - Jack

If you haven’t upgraded your intercooler start there.

MAP is the only downpipe on the market that isn’t easily adapted to a 3” CBE without the reducer. For that, and several other reasons I’d never recommend one.

A good quality Downpipe won’t add much volume with AWE Touring as it’s really not much louder than the OEM 7.5 cbe. The tone will be deeper, but other than WOT and cold start it won’t be THAT much louder if that makes sense

JWadle

Passed Driver's Ed
If you haven’t upgraded your intercooler start there.

MAP is the only downpipe on the market that isn’t easily adapted to a 3” CBE without the reducer. For that, and several other reasons I’d never recommend one.

A good quality Downpipe won’t add much volume with AWE Touring as it’s really not much louder than the OEM 7.5 cbe. The tone will be deeper, but other than WOT and cold start it won’t be THAT much louder if that makes sense

I didn't realize you offered a DP as Baun Performance until I saw the post above! My oversight.

In that case, what do you have for my car and do I need a resonator with the AWE Touring CBE?

Why do you recommend an intercooler as part of Stage 2 on my car?

Thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I didn't realize you offered a DP as Baun Performance until I saw the post above! My oversight.

In that case, what do you have for my car and do I need a resonator with the AWE Touring CBE?

Why do you recommend an intercooler as part of Stage 2 on my car?

Thanks

He can't solicit business in the forum. Send him a PM or check Baun Performance on Facebook.