GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went Stage 2 with EQT, not performing as expected. Logs included.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Trust me, man. Humidity at 30 degC is worse than dry heat at 45 degC.

I grew up in Ohio so I know all about humidity. I'll take 30* C and high humidity over 45* C and low humidity. I used to feel the same way as you but as I've gotten older, old, I've adapted differently. It's hard to even breathe when it's 118* F if you're outside for long.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I grew up in Ohio so I know all about humidity. I'll take 30* C and high humidity over 45* C and low humidity. I used to feel the same way as you but as I've gotten older, old, I've adapted differently. It's hard to even breathe when it's 118* F if you're outside for long.

Listening to you, I don't want to get old now. Oh well. I'll most likely be moving to FL anyway, so back to the hot and humid.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I am from NJ, 35*C with 98% humidity was common, I moved to Arizona because I prefer the 45*C with no humidity; I also hate snow. Of course the wife wants to move back East.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I am from NJ, 35*C with 98% humidity was common, I moved to Arizona because I prefer the 45*C with no humidity; I also hate snow. Of course the wife wants to move back East.

Yep, born and raised in Jersey. I'll take the dry heat over humidity any damn day. The older I've gotten, the more I sweat my balls off and can't take the humidity anymore.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Went to vegas once, got off the plane and it was 112 @ 12am getting off the plane, def feels like your in an oven. I rather take less hot and humid

I agree with that. The "it's a dry heat" is true up to about 107 - 110 degrees. Above 110* the dry heat is worse than a lower temp with humidity.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Brooklyn native here. Same shitty weather as in Jersey. And then I lived in ATL for 6 years. NE summer weather felt like heaven after that.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Yeah all this heat is really making me see the value in an aftermarket IC. I couldn't believe the stock IC is only 8 liters, thats insane. In the meantime I have a question about plugs; the NGK Racing -8 plugs are out of stock everywhere however I found a really good deal on the -9 plugs making them about the same price as RS7s. Any issues in going with the -9 racing plugs? In one thread I read the guy was APR Stage 2 and (at the time at least) APR recommended he go with the -9 over the RS7s or -8 racing plugs.

A side note: I wanted to thank everyone for all the advice and help, I didn't expect this thread to get so much feedback. This is a great community to be a part of :) .

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Brooklyn native here. Same shitty weather as in Jersey. And then I lived in ATL for 6 years. NE summer weather felt like heaven after that.

I should add, I am from South Jersey. An almost literal swamp on a peninsula. I used to get out of the shower, and by the time I managed to dry off I'd be so sweaty I wanted another shower.

Yeah all this heat is really making me see the value in an aftermarket IC. I couldn't believe the stock IC is only 8 liters, thats insane. In the meantime I have a question about plugs; the NGK Racing -8 plugs are out of stock everywhere however I found a really good deal on the -9 plugs making them about the same price as RS7s. Any issues in going with the -9 racing plugs? In one thread I read the guy was APR Stage 2 and (at the time at least) APR recommended he go with the -9 over the RS7s or -8 racing plugs.

A side note: I wanted to thank everyone for all the advice and help, I didn't expect this thread to get so much feedback. This is a great community to be a part of :) .

-9s are fine, but make sure you give it some full throttles to burn them off; I believe there is a slightly higher chance of them fouling if they don't get upto temp once in a while.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII--2.0T_Gen3/Engine/Ignition/Spark_Plugs/

ECS Tuning has the RS7 plugs in stock for your car. Third one in the list.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

I would consult with Ed on that one since you are EQT tuned. Those racing plugs are a bit extreme for just a Stage 2 car. I used the RS7 plugs up till I slapped on a bigger turbo and then I upgraded my plugs to the racing plugs only because it needed it (after examining some logs and talking to Ed).

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
What's with everyone in this thread who lives in the USA quoting temperarure in celcius? I've never seen that before. I find performing the math in my head combersome. Did everyone just come back from living in Europe?