GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 GTI turbo "chirp or "bark" after tune

Mk75gti

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE
I recently had my gti tuned to stage 2, and I notice under high boost when I let off the gas I get a single loud turbo "chirp" or "bark"(no flutter just the single noise) it does this almost everytime when I'm in 3rd gear under heavy acceleration. I used to hear the "chirp" when I was on a stock tune, but only rarely. Is this normal or something I should be worried about? I dont mind the sound as long as its not damaging the turbo. The car only has 5k miles on it. And I am running a bov spacer incase that has any effect.
Thanks guys!
Update now it's more of a flutter
Heres a video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wvL-MEq6FqCVELbVneWqW-3gOF-fjlC/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
BOV spacer is bad, dont use it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
First 1 second video I've seen. I've had a spacer on that I got for free and am using the OEM DV and have never had a problem.

Mk75gti

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE
Yes EQT dyno tuned.
So essentially the spacer just makes the half flutter sound louder and isn't the thing actually causing it? (If that makes any sense) I'm guessing it would already make that sound with the unmodified DV but it wouldn't be as noticeable

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So essentially the spacer just makes the half flutter sound louder and isn't the thing actually causing it? (If that makes any sense) I'm guessing it would already make that sound with the unmodified DV but it wouldn't be as noticeable

That's correct.